Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-12-2003, 04:53 AM   #1
jinny
Dungeon Master

i was lookin around the city and i came across the government district.... now i wasnt planning to recruit anyone... i came near jan and he autotalked me and asked if i wanted buy his goods... i said no and left the district (because i didnt want him in my party) well after a while i decided it was time to let Jan into my party... so i went back to the Government district and Jan isnt talking to me...? is this supposed to happen? how do i make Jan talk to me? (when i click on him the dialog screen says "jan has nothing to say to u"
Old 07-12-2003, 10:18 AM   #2
Vedran
Lord Soth

Do you perchance work in WinXP? If so, did you install the official patch? If not, read "Forum Guidelines and FAQ" thread.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 10:28 AM   #3
andrewas
Harper

Not that bug this time - Jan is supposed to act like this if you tell him to shut up when you first meet him.

Shadowkeeper can alter glabal variabls, open it and look for variables that look right. Set it back to 0 and give it a go.
Old 07-12-2003, 10:57 AM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

That would be this one:
SetGlobal("TalkedToJan","LOCALS",0) (write this into the console).
Or find TalkedToJan in ShadowKeeper and change it to 0.

But isn't that fixed by the patch or BD?
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 12:35 PM   #5
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Besides, even if you do talk to him and do that little Trax evasion routine you can tell him that you aren't interested in any help right now. He will then go back to his house in the slums where you can then find him.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:27 PM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Why not just control-q him if you really want him in your party? If you wre going to use SK, then it's still cheating anyway. And besides, it's not like you're taking Drizzt into your group, you're just taking an NPC that can actually be gotten, so not 100% cheating, but cheating none the less.

[ 07-12-2003, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Lord ]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 01:31 PM   #7
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

I have no problem with doing a bit of meddling in such a case where the game's behaviour is obviously non-intuitive.

Nobody could have known that simply politely refusing to buy an article of such an exotic nature would make a character so contemptous towards you.