Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-22-2000, 04:02 AM   #1
Myrth

I have searched the dungeon but can't find the ancient relic for the lich. Haven't worked out how to get to the chest near the lava where the walkway sinks (don't have lavawalk yet). Is it in there? Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Myrth
Old 12-22-2000, 07:40 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Myrth,

Any guesses as to where that relic is?? - sorry for being funny. Even with lavawalk you have to carry that chest out of the lava before opening it. Without it (the spell) you have two options :
1) There is a lever hidden behind a stack of barrels / crates that is supposed to stabilise the bridge - don't know the exact location of the stack, but in your general vicinity.
2) Pick your biggest strongest most HP dude. Select him, and the carry option. Make a dash at the crate and click on it, now take off to the closest doorway. You should last at least 4 or 5 seconds, long enough for him to survive perhaps. If he is not a good healer, then put a life or rebirth scroll in his inventory before the attempt. Haven't tried this, but I have tried lava walking without the spell, and can generally survive that sort of run with 2 or 3 guys alive.

Save often
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2000, 07:54 AM   #3
Igor

Have the same problem

Btw, did anyone meet the following thing? I found, that if for example you have stonecraft at 2 level, but learned the spell of greater level (le it be 6), by spellbook, then, after that you will be able to learn stone spells up to 6(!) level.
So, no need to study stonecraft - just found the needed book.

And one more question - my assassin has 100% resistant to fire, but he burnt in lava as all others as well ) Why?
Old 12-22-2000, 08:04 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The stonecraft thing is new to me - are you saying Igor that although at level 2 stone, you were able to invoke a level 6 spell from a book and it let you successfullylearn it. I ddn't think it would let you do that. I will test that out when I get a Valkyrie or Zenmaster. Do you have the patch loaded or not?

As to the fire resistance - that seems to be just good for dragon breath, and magical fire. Lava just sneers at your fire resistance.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2000, 08:49 AM   #5
Igor

Well, actually I had this situation: (guess it's no matter what kind of magic though)... my warlock have been "specialized" in sun magic, and all others elements are stayed about 2-3 level when he reached 7th level of sun spells. And at this moment I've found some magic books, well, I remember one - it contained Merlin's Shield. So, I've learned it of course. And THEN, when my warlock has reached the next rank, I was able to choose stone spells for learning up to 4 or 5 (? what's the level of Merlin's shield?) level!

So, finally, it's two ways to learn high level spells - train the corresponding craft or found the book of the correct element of high level spell

Actually, I haven't used patch yet.
Old 12-23-2000, 07:13 PM   #6
Myrth

Davros,

Thanks for the help. Guess I knew it would be there, but hoped for easier answer. Went off elsewhere, levelled up, got lavawalk, problem solved.

On the matter of learning spells higher than current level, I have always found that the INVOKE option is not available until you have the required level. Some people are just lucky I guess.

Myrth