Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2000, 10:22 AM   #1
Rusty
Welcomed New User

I seemed to have accidently run my boat ashore near Talric the pirate, and no amount of key pressing will move it any further. Has anyone else suffered this fate?
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2000, 10:26 AM   #2
Astyanax12

Yep, a number of people have. The best solution I have seen on the board (apart from reverting to a saved game) is to go out to sea, cast Create Portal, return to the boat, grasp the wheel (so the boat is part of the party) and cast Teleport. (PS: Never tried it myself)

Of course, not having a boat is no big deal. You can swim anywhere the boat can sail, even fully armoured and loaded with treasure.
Old 12-01-2000, 10:28 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

This happened to me as well. I just restored my game and avoided getting close to shore in that particular area which seems to be the ONLY area in which this can happen. While logical, I think it was an unnecessary addition to the game.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2000, 01:24 PM   #4
Winner

Yep, happened to me also. Well, I like to hear the creaking, swish, swish. But also you can hit the run while moving and the boat will speed up for a bit then slow back to normal speed, plus nothing can sneak up and try to bite, which annoys, but does not really hurt. I do think it would be nice if you could buy more than one boat, then you could just leave that one on the shoals.
Old 12-02-2000, 10:40 PM   #5
Rusty
Welcomed New User

Creating a portal out in the water while swimming and then, while 'attached' to the boat cast teleport, solved the problem. Thanks for the tip!

Rust
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2000, 12:02 AM   #6
dcch

Thanks for the info! After having to restart from a MUCH EARLIER save.. I got all the way back to Brimloch Roon, out in the boat to fill in the map and BLLLAMMM!!!! I find myself stuck right off the spot where the other boat is on the sand~ sure hope this portal thing works, otherwise I'm giving up for the night before I break something.

dh
Old 12-10-2000, 12:27 AM   #7
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How did you get another boat? Can you buy one?
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2000, 10:07 AM   #8
carg
The Magister

Hey guys, you should swim some more. If you've been on board of a ship for too long, doing nothing, you gain a lot of weight. (Look very carefully at the pictures of the characters in the upper left.)

But seriously, how are you going to collect enough sea shells if you avoid fighting those crabs?

By the way, you can get two ships in the enchanted sea by using the portal/teleport trick on the ship in the lost sea.
It might be fun to collect screengrabs of ships and horses in the unlikeliest places. What about a ship on top of Cet's pyramid?
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2000, 06:00 PM   #9
Lily the Ranger

Carg - does this mean I can teleport my horse? Further more I can teleport my ship onto dry land? Oh, the possibilities. The ship is starting to get a little old now but I would like to take my horse out on the ocean. Glad I have both those spells now! Save the GS Miss Hap!
Old 12-10-2000, 08:22 PM   #10
dcch

Yes you can teleport your horse (with your crew of course).. I did it after Dragon Spire, I didn't want to continue without the horse.. so, I cast Create Portal, dropped down~ from where you exit the dragons room, to just about where Torin waits.. ran around to the entrance to Dragon Spire (where I'd left my horse) got on him and then cast Teleport~ there we were.. all of us back at the exit to Dragon Spire.. where we just followed the ledge down to the ground and on to Brimloch Roon~ haven't tried the boat yet.. but, that might be fun just to see if it works!

dh

btw.. to answer the question above.. NO.. I wasn't able to buy 2 ships... I meant that the ship I bought, got stuck by the one that Tarlik has on the sand~