Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-02-2001, 04:56 AM   #1
Rikard

Who wants to be our dungeon master?
We can try to start it up and all but without DM it's useless

Also we have to vote to go for AD&D or 3rd edition

------------------

The Githyanki Necromancer - High Magician of the Holy Flame

Old 05-02-2001, 05:11 AM   #2
JJ/newbie

I would definitely love to play also. Did original greyhawk, but the ed. of books I have is the Advanced D&D, copywright is 1979. How many eons before 2nd and 3rd ed. is that? I have the Player Handbook, Monster Manual, DM Guide, and the Unearthed Arcana books, and a couple of all the die needed. I also have a couple of dungeons complete with maps, monsters, treasures and traps all ready to go that I made up way back when. I know some things have changed, but most things should be similar enough, I will DM also if need be, I think Tobbin is right about the chat room, but don't we have enough interest here to try it both ways? I would be available to DM from around 6-7PM thru 1-2AM, M-F, board time, and roughly 3PM Sat-12AM Monday, again using the forum clock as a handy referent for us all.
Based on previous experience coordinating projects across time zones and continents, let's just see what happens.
If we can get at least 3 or 4 people during that time, and hopefully find some specific days out of the week, there is no reason why it could not work.
Whoever reads this, if the times are right, e-m me and let me know what day(s) would work for you.
There is no reason that people could not join in along the way as they are able as well, characters can be 'limbo'd' or npc'd as needed. You can roll your own, or I have characters from virtually every race and class in my dusty notebook, roll your own die for action if you have them, etc.
Let me know, it sounds like it could be alot of fun
------------------

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To
And...
Because Sometimes They're Wrapped Too Tight, I could have been The Resident Corset Loosener Of The Moon's Hope Inn Ladies Guild (in training)

Old 05-02-2001, 05:14 AM   #3
JJ/newbie

Rikard, how much difference is there between the Advanced D&D and 3ed? Is Baldur's Gate 3ed? other than some of the spells, I did not notice much difference, and for spell casting, why not use the general structure of BG2, since it is a book we all have?

------------------
And...
Because Sometimes They're Wrapped Too Tight, I could have been The Resident Corset Loosener Of The Moon's Hope Inn Ladies Guild (in training)

Old 05-02-2001, 05:39 AM   #4
Erekose
The Magister

From someone who has played all versions there is quite a few changes in 3e, classes, multiclassing, statistic modifiers, ac..... pretty much everything. It's more like a cross between 2nd edition and basic. Most of the cumbersome rules were smoothed out but quite a bit has changed. The good news is that 3e would be quite playable by forum or chat because of it's design. The building of characters by points has become favoured over rolling them up.

------------------
THE RUNES ON THE SWORD ARE THE WORMS THAT ARE WISE
THE NAME OF THE SWORD IS THE SAME AS THE SCYTHE
Old 05-02-2001, 05:41 AM   #5
Bleys
Dungeon Master

I don't post much but...
if you want a DM I will volunteer(I would like to DM again), I can run both 3rd ed and AD&D but I like 3rd ed more. I would also use a few rules that have been added over the years I have been playing and running.(They are quite simple and sort out a few of the more stupid rules)

Also if you want me to run give me an idea what kind of world they would like to play in. (If you are all Hack and Slashers I am not going to create adventures were you will be only talking and so on)

I am be avalable Sundays, Monday and Thursdays (This may change over time) about 5pm - 6pm to 9pm Board time.

Old 05-02-2001, 07:18 AM   #6
Rikard

3rd Edition is VERY Different
BG2 is AD&D
NWN will be 3rd edition

------------------

The Githyanki Necromancer - High Magician of the Holy Flame

Old 05-02-2001, 08:12 AM   #7
JJ/newbie

ok, a few of us have put up times,...come on youse guys and gals

------------------
And...

Old 05-02-2001, 01:46 PM   #8
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
3rd Edition is VERY Different
BG2 is AD&D
NWN will be 3rd edition

BG2 is modified 2nd edition. They made a few changes due to programming constraints. I would like to try out 3rd edition though. I have a lot of the books, but nobody to try them out with. LOL. I can go 2nd edition as well, but can't go 1st (sold most of those books. Only one I have left is the Dieties & Demigods). On that note, if anyone has 1st edition for sale, send me an e-mail as I am trying to get them back again.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL

[This message has been edited by Tobbin (edited 05-02-2001).]
Old 05-02-2001, 08:50 PM   #9
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

I'm still in

I'm very flexible on times and days...

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes