Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Included are quotes from the great fighters in history, and their opinions of things both in and out of the ring:

...I have dashed across continents and oceans as a fugitive and have matched my wits with the police and secret agents seeking to deprive me of one of the greatest blessings man can have-liberty.
Jack Johnson (First black Heavyweight Champion)

Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.
Jack Dempsey

A champion is someone who gets up when he can't.
Jack Dempsey

Life doesn't run away from nobody. Life runs at people.
Joe Frazier

Kill the body and the head will die.”
Joe Frazier

It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am."
Muhammed Ali

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
Muhammad Ali

I'm the most recognized and loved man that ever lived cuz there weren't no satellites when Jesus and Moses were around, so people far away in the villages didn't know about them.
Muhammad Ali

A hero is someone right who doesn't change.
George Foreman

We're all given some sort of skill in life. Mine just happens to be beating up on people.
Sugar Ray Leonard

I want to rip out his heart and feed it to Lennox Lewis. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children.
Mike Tyson

I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all.
Mike Tyson

My biggest weakness is my sensitivity. I am too sensitive a person.
Mike Tyson

When I was in prison, I was wrapped up in all those deep books. That Tolstoy crap - people shouldn't read that stuff.
Mike Tyson
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #2
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I think this is deserved addition. It's a conversation between two of my personal favorites, Gichin Funakoshi and Mas Oyama:
Funakoshi Sensei goes, "Oyama, Oyama"
"Yes"
"How long have you been doing Karate?"
"Yes, it's been 3 years."
"Are you a black belt now?"
"Yes, I hold the black belt."
As I thought he would complement me, he says, "3 years for the way of grip, 3 years for stance, 3 years of punch. Unless you do 9 years, you won't be able to stand at the Entrance of Karate."
And I thought, "The hell with that old man. Even against Sensei himself, I can defeat him with one strike." That was when I was 17 or 18, and conceited. Since then, I have been gripping my fists for 50 years. I've been doing Karate for half a century long. Yet my grip is still not complete.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:21 PM   #3
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
I've been doing Karate for half a century long. Yet my grip is still not complete.
I think that's called "Carpal Tunnel"...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:29 PM   #4
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Lay off teh pron.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:28 AM   #5
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Wow, that's just so... wrong. lol! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote