Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-08-2001, 08:27 PM   #41
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

we all get judged (rightly or not) every once a while, big deal
Old 10-09-2001, 07:33 AM   #42
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
Nice of you to make that decision for everybody else, huh?

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness

[This message has been edited by Lord Shield (edited 10-09-2001).]

Old 10-09-2001, 07:37 AM   #43
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Link, sorry to hear about what the jerk said. Just ignore what the twat said, he's gone and not coming back. Hold your head up high Link and know that you did not sink to his level, dont let one idiot ruin Ironworks for you. Have a nice day

Not sure about this one (I'm probably just being dense) but what's to stop someone like that just re-joining with a different name? Also, why do people let things said on the net bother them? surely we all know that the web is full of this sort of thing because people know they can do what they want anonymously? By reacting to it and making such a fuss you are supplying them with just the kind of amusement they seek. I admit, I've yet to be insulted in anything other than a jokey manner but even if someone did set out to hurt me I'd just find it amusing that they actually thought they could bother me.
Old 10-09-2001, 07:37 AM   #44
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Kinslayer:
Not sure about this one (I'm probably just being dense) but what's to stop someone like that just re-joining with a different name? Also, why do people let things said on the net bother them? surely we all know that the web is full of this sort of thing because people know they can do what they want anonymously? By reacting to it and making such a fuss you are supplying them with just the kind of amusement they seek. I admit, I've yet to be insulted in anything other than a jokey manner but even if someone did set out to hurt me I'd just find it amusing that they actually thought they could bother me.
Ziroc can see if the same person comes back, believe me people have tried before. He can cut off access to Ironworks from the computer he's using. Your second post is a valid one, but you have to keep in mind some people react to differant situations differently then someone else would.

------------------
NO ONE HAS EVER SAID I WAS FAIR-Death
Sigmar-Knight of HADB and Lady Lioness
Old 10-09-2001, 07:38 AM   #45
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Kinslayer:

Well he didn´t bothered me personally, but I got angry for the way he reacted, and with current events both in RL and here my temper isn´t the smooth cuddly wolf anymore. I bite now as soon as I can.. Fortunately I had friends online making it easier to keep my temper down and yes it is stupid to fuel their fire, but man. I was angry for real ok. Someday (hope not! ) you might know the feeling.

Well with every troll encounter we have to learn a lesson. I´m trying to make the best out of this one. Cheers

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-09-2001, 08:24 AM   #46
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
A bit insensitive, don't you think, 250? It is a big deal for some people. What's important is that we respect their feelings.

I apologize for not stepping in here earlier, Mel, but I just don't have the time to read every single thread. Anyway, all's well that ends well - be safe and be well. Sweet water and light laughter till next.

------------------
Old 10-09-2001, 08:26 AM   #47
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:

As Memnoch didn't understand it that well, i want to ask you to read this, and read my last post before you judge. Thanks.
Ahem.

You didn't explain it that well. In any case I wasn't having a go at you, I was DEFENDING you so RELAX!

What is with everyone these days? Everyone seems to be coming to the wrong conclusions about stuff...

------------------
Old 10-09-2001, 09:49 AM   #48
Link
Jack Burton

Memnoch.. I just want this over after this post: There are two things that I want to say:
1) This one's to Memnoch: I did explained it well enough, according to me. What you might have not understood, was that I explained Wolfgir what happened, AFTER i had posted that complaint about him. I understand that you couldn't figure that part out, and I understand as well that you were defending me. Thanks for that.
2) I just wanna tell everyone here: I did NOT want Melusine to leave on purpose. It is so ■■■■■■■ easy to say that it "was a bit harsh to say" afterwards. I have been told that a hundred times now, and I myself realise that it wasn't a very smart thing to do, but it's not necessary to keep on knocking at my door saying; dude, cool down, what you said there was not necessary. I know you disagree with what I said, the only thing I'm asking is that you stop blaming me for what happened.

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe

[This message has been edited by Link (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 10:50 AM   #49
Epona
Zartan

Quote:

2) I have been told that a hundred times now, and I myself realise that it wasn't a very smart thing to do, but it's not necessary to keep on knocking at my door saying; dude, cool down, what you said there was not necessary. I know you disagree with what I said, the only thing I'm asking is that you stop blaming me for what happened.

I agree - We could all see that Link was very remorseful, he straightened it all out with Melusine, and this matter should now be laid to rest. It was the mature thing to do to apologise and try and put things right, and now for the rest of us the mature thing to do is let the matter remain in the past. I suggest letting this thread freefall.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-09-2001, 10:50 AM   #50
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Memnoch.. I just want this over after this post: There are two things that I want to say:
1) This one's to Memnoch: I did explained it well enough, according to me. What you might have not understood, was that I explained Wolfgir what happened, AFTER i had posted that complaint about him. I understand that you couldn't figure that part out, and I understand as well that you were defending me. Thanks for that.
2) I just wanna tell everyone here: I did NOT want Melusine to leave on purpose. It is so ■■■■■■■ easy to say that it "was a bit harsh to say" afterwards. I have been told that a hundred times now, and I myself realise that it wasn't a very smart thing to do, but it's not necessary to keep on knocking at my door saying; dude, cool down, what you said there was not necessary. I know you disagree with what I said, the only thing I'm asking is that you stop blaming me for what happened.

Link dude! We are cool dude!
yep, we cleared that one out on Messenger, and well I told him my opinion and he told me his, and then he went of to explain. No hard feelings left there from my part.

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper