Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 09:42 PM   #251
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Thanks for clarifying.
Hey! My little girl turns 2 tomorrow and Karen's birthday is also tomorrow. You know what else? I picked up Dungeon Siege to play after what...2 months? of not playing it, due to being here every night! Man...Now Neverwinter Nights is out and IWDII is coming...and I am not ready! What did I foolishly spend my money on today? A 6' Bo staff, Ash hardwood, tapered to 1 1/4" on both end.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:54 PM   #252
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

The Steeplewood Forest

As the elf and the woman leave the forest the mist near the treeline swirls slowly and a large whitish gray wolf stands quietly marking their movement toward the lights of the city. As the couple pick up their pace, the wolf turns and lopes quietly through the trees into the darkness of the forest.

The Grove

Only the faintest trace of this TAO’s power is perceptible within the grove. That it is perceptible at all is evidence that she is no woman to be trifled with. Ajax, at the first feeling of its touch rushed to the center of the grove and the enormous wolf shattered the silence of the forest with a thunderous howl. “That will be enough, Ajax,” Iphigenia says firmly and the wolf falls quickly silent. “She has not yet proven herself to be a threat,” she runs her hand along the back of the wolf as she speaks.

“I’d wager she’s a bit jealous,” Miriam smiles. “He is a rather promising young man after all.”

“Still, there was no need for her to shout,” Claudia adds.

“Whatever her reasons for seeking speech with us she does not have the stink of the Schools about her.” Iphigenia takes up a delicately carved hawthorn staff.

“Yes, and she seems to burn with fires much like those of Ligeia.” Miriam grows thoughtful for a moment and adds, “Perhaps that is why the young man responded to Ligeia so strongly.”

“Perhaps you have a point. Be that as it may, however, she has requested speech with us as is her right,” Iphigenia replies. “Keep a careful eye upon Ligeia and Raymond. I will meet with this woman who is more like us than she might realize.”

Iphigenia nods to Claudia and approaches the great oak at the center of the grove. Claudia whispers a simple rhyme into the night air and her words move outward to the woman called TAO carrying the news that one of their number comes to speak with her.

Iphigenia whispers a command and steps into the tree. She will emerge a short distance from where TAO presently stands.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:56 PM   #253
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OOC>> To clarify: The druid we briefly encountered (and killed) has nothing to do with Korup Shun. Blandamour and Eliza are many, many miles to the north. The Constable has absolutely nothing to worry about, as Sir Blandamour could not be gotten back there on anything less tha a direct order from his superiors. Which are...me.

[ 06-18-2002, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 06-18-2002, 10:44 PM   #254
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: It looks like birthday greetings are in order for your wife and daughter, then Larry. I hope you all enjoy tomorrows celebrations.

For Raymond

A startled expression flashes quickly across Ligeia’s face as she feels the movement of TAO’s power through the forest. She recovers quickly, however, and smiles at Raymond, “It would seem this TAO is near the forest.” A great howl echoes through the night and even the beauty of this place is briefly disrupted by the chaotic flight of dozens of small animals. “That would be Ajax letting her know that her call has been heard,” she laughs seeing the expression upon the young man’s face. “Were we actually within the grove for you to hear him, your ears would have received a ringing that would not pass for several days.” The brush of Claudia’s whispered rhymes moves quickly past them and Ligeia motions for Raymond to sit. “One of our number has gone to speak with her. Let us rest a moment from the running and enjoy the beauty around us. We shall wait here to see if she has come for you.”

[ 06-18-2002, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 06-19-2002, 07:26 AM   #255
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ELIZA (To Blandamour) "Just as you say, my Lord. Shall we continue on? I like not these mountains, and will be glad to reach our destination, be the castle never so dank and smelly. I find that the next wolf that I want to see will be those pelts made into a cloak for me. Can I pick the color of the outside cloth? Brr, I shall be glad to have it around me. I came not well-equipped for such cold climes."
Old 06-19-2002, 08:00 AM   #256
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR "Why, of course, Eliza, you may pick out any cloth that suits you. Do not worry. As I recall, we shall reach Beresfor's castle tonight. I really should bury that druid, but, she would doubtless consider it an affront to nature to make a big hole in her beloved ground, so I shall just let her have communion with her beloved wild things. Let the crows and vultures have her!" (Saddles up on Shaitann) "As for me, the only animal I would be around is my horse. Come along."
Old 06-19-2002, 09:10 AM   #257
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LILYBLACK (She follows the man in the alley to a dingy dwelling in the Pit neighborhood, not to her surprise. As he fumbles with the latchkey, she pulls out a blackjack and coshes him on the back of his skull. He collapses and when he awakens, he is tied to a chair. Before him sits a black haired girl clad in a black leather catsuit. Her eyes are black, also, and to his frightened eyes seem to smoulder with cruelty. Worst of all is the diagonal scar on her face, which lends it a fiendish quality. The windows are heavily curtained and the only light is a candle on a table beside her. Her legs are crossed in front of her and she lazily kicks her right boot. She is playing with a small leather whip. She licks her upper lip, and speaks) "So, you are the one that tried to get that slut of a serving wench to poison my employers. Lucky for you that she didn't succeed, or you would be dead, now. Not so lucky for the fair Molly, for she is now feeding the fishes in the river, where I put her. Now, talk. Who put you up to this? Who shot the blonde girl who is almost as scarred as I? And, why?" (When he does not immediately answer, she slashes him across the face with the whip. He screams.)
"Do not hope that your screams will be heard, for this place is soundproofed, and far away from your beloved pit. Faugh, how could you people be so attached to such a stinkhole?" (She slashes him again, and he cries out again.) "Yes, this whip hurts, doesn't it. I should know."
Old 06-19-2002, 11:49 AM   #258
TAOWolf
White Dragon

UGh, tomorrow's my b-day......... 36 yrs old....
....... WOW, I'm getting old *LMAO*

She hears the wolf's howl, and smiles briefly as her eyes flash to silver and glow faintly as she stands, waiting for Iphigenia............

~She will be shocked when she sees who TAO is~ she chuckles to herself as she gently strokes the bracer around her neck.
The moonstone in the middle glows blood-red, and she removes her gloves letting the runes carved there glow a brilliant silver as she rests them on her oak and rowan staff..........

As she waits, her eyes change to their wolfish stare and she sends a brief mental image to Raymond, resting her gaze into the trees as she sends up an answering howl...................

[ 06-19-2002, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: TAOWolf ]
Old 06-19-2002, 12:14 PM   #259
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: Happy anticipated birthday, TAO!

Iphigenia

Stepping forth from the oak tree she emerges a small distance from TAO. She waits until the last notes of the howl fade into silence before stepping forward. “You, I believe, are named TAO are you not? I am Iphigenia. What is it that you seek from us?”
Old 06-19-2002, 12:54 PM   #260
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Raymond

Raymond stops and stares as he sees the vision of TAO in his mind, not conjured up by his own imagination...

"Yes, you are right! She has sent me an image to let me know of her presence! You...you don't think she will want me to leave so soon, do you?"
Closed Thread