Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-02-2003, 05:20 PM   #1
mattbret35732002
Welcomed New User

Thanks to those that responded and tried to help me. I do have windows XP, i tri3ed the fix that is listed for it, but had no luck, can anyone maybe put the instructions so an idiot can follow them? The game polays fine, i just cant go into a couple shops in town and cant use 1 of the gates? any help would be very much appreciated, thanks, Matt
mattbret35732002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 10:49 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Good and bad news.

The good news is that the top techies of the forum are back from their vacation.

The bad news is that the first person online after you wrote this post (myself) has absolutely no technical knowledge. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I hope you get it sorted out.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:10 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

First of all welcome to the board matt. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Now on to your problem.
1) You need to download soemtihng called Virtualdub, this program allows you to decode/encode movie files. You can download it here. Download it and unzip the files to a folder of your choice and then start the program.
2) Now choose File --> Open Video File. Browse to your W&W directory and choose the townavi folder. Choose the first file in that folder (townhub1.avi I belive).
3) After it has opened choose File --> Save old format Avi. Choose a name for the file, i.e. hub1.avi for townhub1.avi or msk1.avi for townmks1.avi. Repeat this for all ssix avi files in the townavi directory.
4) OK you should now have 6 30Mb located where you saved them, preferrably in another directory than the townavi with the original files. Now you rename the 30Mb files to the original names, i.e. msk1.avi you rename to townmas1.avi etc.
5) Move the 30Mb files into the c:\...WizardsWarriors/townavi directory. You will be prompted to replace the old files. Choose Yes. Move all the 6 files into that directory.

OK you should now be good to go. [img]smile.gif[/img] Hopes this works out for you. Don't be afraid to ask again. [img]smile.gif[/img]