Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2002, 11:27 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

So I'll be probably be posting a lot of ignorant questions LOL! I look forward to joining this awesome forum that has been around since the Blue Board, so hello in advance! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 12:26 AM   #2
macoati
Manshoon

Welcome to the forum ladyzekke. Since you are an accomplished poster, I'm sure you won't be all that ignorant [img]smile.gif[/img]

A couple quick hints:

1) If you are running WinXP, make sure you do the vdub fix. You will find the instructions in the tech thread.

2) Remember the mantra: "Save early, save often. Save early, save often." and you won't have too many problems.

May your travels through the Gael Serran be as eventful as you wish!
Old 12-28-2002, 07:14 AM   #3
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome to The Board, ladyzekke!!!!

You're ..soon to embark...on a perilous quest

and if you get stuck....We Will...do...our...best.

macaoti, has already mentioned the 2 most important tips...one that I might add...is to read through this post...'On whether or not to install the patch' (mid page..by sazerac)...Here. Some of us like to exploit the bugs and put up with their little side effects. Others...find them unbearable. It's your choice.

2 other great threads...(which you might have already stumbled on) are...

The new tech thread

and

BEST TIPS

neither one of them are ..a must read...but they're helpful...if no one is around to help you out.

Hope you're up and playing soon...keep us posted...
Old 12-28-2002, 11:17 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to our town, ladyzekke. May your enemies fall before you like wheat before a scythe.

I'm sure you'll enjoy things here, and you'll find a constant supply of advice, expertise, and experience. And Macoati has already given you the important gamer's mantra that makes life in the Gael Serran much more bearable, so let me add the ratling correlary:

Save Early, Save Often, Save Before, Save After.

Now, go get 'em!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 08:13 PM   #5
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome to the forum ladyzekke,
You'll have a great time with W&W. Make sure you look at the best tips It'll give you a good idea on party makeup & how best to use points for charactor progression. Be careful what threads you open because there are some big spoilers there.
Beware of salads.
they
will
hunt
you
down!
have fun. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2002, 09:12 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

ROTFL Kev! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Trust me once I receive W&Ws and start it up, I'll have lots of questions right off the bat! Tis a different type of game than I am used to. I've played BGI, BGII, PST, IWDI, tried IWDII but sucked so bad I'm in hiatus re that game LOL, Dungeon Siege (in progress and will be finishing soon I think), Diablo I and II, and NWNs. W&Ws seems to be radically different in many ways than the other games I've played, I hope with yall's help I can cut the mustard LOL. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 08:01 AM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

Hello Ladyzekke. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Another conscript from the GD joining our marvellous little sanctum. I think you will enjoy W&W, it´s as good as it gets. And you will find your questions answered quickly. We´ve got a good crew in here. I don´t think you will have too much problems but I´ll bet you you will enjoy the freedom in this game. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2002, 09:19 AM   #8
skywalker
Banned User

Ladyzeke!

Seeing that you are getting W&W got me to thinking about the game and I am now installing it again. This will be my 4th time playing and I think I'll do a solo character again!

This is the forum that first brought me to IW and it looks like I may start posting again here. Nice to be back home!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 09:20 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hoos is dis LadyZ sheilah - duh is shee bees a gold takersh?, onli me gots ta wotch outs fir da gole takersh - dey bee bad boogersh

We should have a poll on what LadyZ's fisrt question is - the book is running at :

1) I got into the first dungeon, but I can't open the 2nd door - what am I missing? (evens - let's face it, this is easily the most asked question)
2) It's dark at night - what can I do about that? (2-1)
3) How do you make this Mekdawa character accept this potion (3-1)
4) There is a toad that is blocking my way - is it OK if I just exterminate the annoying pest or is there something else I should do? (7-1)
5) Where is the 4th idol in the serpent temple? (15-1)
6) WTF - I turned around, spotted this tossed salad and my party are all dead - what was that all about? (25-1)
7) What doI do with all these sticks and holes (50-1)
8) How come all my party are riding the one poor horse, and how do I get him up on top of that castle? (100-1)

Sorry LadyZ - I know that gave a little information out - nothing spoilerish for you to fret about though - just anticipate the moment [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2002, 02:50 AM   #10
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

I've got my money on "how do you open the crypt?"
That assumes that ladyzekke is not using a very modern o.s where she will need virtualdub to make the game run properly.

Ladyzekke, if you are using windows 100 or xp go to the tech thread to find out how to use virtualdub.
kev is offline   Reply With Quote