Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2004, 12:18 PM   #1
Vampire

I met an Argonian fishing on the eastern edge of Dagon Fell Island and chatted to him about Dragons, Naked Lichs, Mudcrabs taking over the world, and ofcourse the quest Statue of Boethiah.

I just wondered if the "crosses" on our maps mark something... what do they mark??

They are all underwater ...

Also, I haven't explored the strongholds ... what are they? Like Berandas and soooo many others, what are they full of and whos strongholds are they?

[ 06-09-2004, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Avatar ]
Old 06-09-2004, 01:41 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

You shouldn't talk to M'iaq about shrine of Bothiah if you haven't done that quest yet. It has a bug where you cannot finish that quest.

The crosses mark some dungeons or cave that worth exploring.

The strongholds once belong to the dwarfs. now they have extinct you'll find bandits,thief,unlawful people there that is eager to kill you. you'll also find some 6th house people on some strongholds.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 04:06 PM   #3
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

for the most part you can generally ignore the crazy fisherman... i havent actually run into a quest which involves him yet. he's actually quite mad, and quite a humorous fellow to talk to. very interesting. i imagine there is some sort of quest involving him, he's too interesting to just let go.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:19 PM   #4
Vampire

i mean if i retire thats what i would do [img]tongue.gif[/img]
i reckon he is quite powerful [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, so I have just ruined a quest? never liked goldbrand anyway.

Also, what do I get if I kill Vivec after he gives me the Wraithguard??????
Old 06-09-2004, 09:23 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Nothing, except for a message that you ruined the Nerevarine prophecies.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:55 AM   #6
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

finish the main quest and then you can go back and kill him. if you have azura's star, and it is empty, you can kill him and soul trap him... his soul is worth a whopping 1000 points of charge, whereas even a golden saint is only worth 400. thats the only reason to kill him, and its a tough battle, even for a high level character.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:53 AM   #7
Vampire

but if i am creating something of constant effect, Vivec and Golden Saints are the same right?

What item can have the most enchantments?
Old 06-10-2004, 05:09 PM   #8
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

i forget what has the most space. an exquisite amulet is a very close second, though.

both golden saints and vivec have souls which will allow for constant effect items. vivec's soul would be MOST useful to create an enchanted ebony staff with a cast on strike spell so that you could repeatedly use the item for longer, since vivec's soul has more charge points than a golden saint. as far as constant effect goes, however, there is no difference between using vivec or a golden saint, so if you used vivec's soul, you'd be wasting it.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:24 AM   #9
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
an exquisite amulet is a very close second, though.
Actally an exquisite amulet is tied with a few other things for a fairly distant fourth.
A daedric towershild has almost twice the enchantment value of an exquisite amulet amulet, also ebony towersheilds and daedric shields have a 25% higher enchantment value.

Quote:
I just wondered if the "crosses" on our maps mark something... what do they mark??

They are all underwater ...
They generally mark shipwrecks.

[ 06-11-2004, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: Seraph ]
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 05:31 AM   #10
Vampire

Daedric Shield/Tower Shields have a whooping 225 enchantment points!!!

But are there any UNIQUE items that can do more in X-packs?