Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-03-2001, 03:17 PM   #1
Tom
Elminster

If Anomen is so "Righteosness shall prevail!" then why the heck is he lawful NEUTRAL instead of good!?!
Old 05-03-2001, 03:18 PM   #2
ShadowUK

Prehaps she just a bit confused.........

She carn't make her mind up

------------------
Old 05-03-2001, 03:20 PM   #3
Tancred
White Dragon

I think Anomen is still something of the aristocrat. He'll stick by the letters of the law, and the wishes of the Order, regardless of whether they're good or bad. In his mind, the Order is the personification of Righteousness.

Tancred

What a twerp.
Old 05-03-2001, 03:23 PM   #4
Dramnek_Ulk

cos he's a preist of helm (who is lawful deity) so by Righteosness he means the law.

Helm
Portfolio: Guardians, Protection
Ability Requirements: Strength 14, Wisdom 13
Prime Requisite: Strength, Wisdom
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

The god of guardians and protectors, Helm is the epitome of the guardian, the watcher, the guard, and has in years past been greatly venerated by those who need to remain watchful for evil at their doorsteps. Helm is ever-vigilant, and embodies the spirit of lawful neutrality. Helm makes his home on the clockwork plane of Nirvana, in a region separate from Mystra. Helm's Symbol is an open eye painted onto a gauntlet.

------------------
The most Holy and Divine Godly and Wise Noble and Kind Knights of the Ever burning Flame Imperishable of Eternal Hope and Faith from which all Life will find its Perfect Gleaming Shining Defence Force of honour and Righteous Justice to protect them form the Corrupt Amoral Baneful Evil Flagitious Nefarious Vile wretched Depraved Low Base Sordid and dirty Wizard of ultimate doom Who wishes to destroy This Eden like Land of Bountiful Promise And Racial Harmony with great natural beauty which He dare not despoil with Grasping Talons of Destroying Misery Death pollution destruction anhilation War Strife and Hatred

(Those of you who can say this without drawing breath may be awarded a small prize)

Worlds
longest
signature© Dramnek_Ulk

[This message has been edited by Dramnek_Ulk (edited 05-03-2001).]

Old 05-03-2001, 03:51 PM   #5
Jim
Quintesson

It's up to you to choose his path I think, thats why he's neutral. If he exacts justice on his family's murder by slaying the other dudes daughter, I think he becomes evil when it is time for his knighthood judging. If you persuade him to be lawful and consult the courts, then he becomes lawful good and gains extra wisdom for completing the knighthood path.

I've not tried the evil path but I'm guessing that's what happens.
Old 05-03-2001, 04:17 PM   #6
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
cos he's a preist of helm (who is lawful deity) so by Righteosness he means the law.
Priest of Helm is an ok type, though Lathlander is better IMHO. As for DEAR Anomen! One can hardly be insulting enough... I tried using him twice - I wanted a Romance for my female leader - but ditched him in pretty short order both times. Lawful Neutral is ok for ANYBODY EXCEPT Anomen! Anomen is a (flame flame flame flame). Take my advice - don't bother with him and his poxy quest!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 05-03-2001, 06:20 PM   #7
Epona
Zartan

Oooooh is this going to become another Anomen-bashing thread?
Rubs hands together with glee....

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-03-2001, 06:58 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

The point of the game is to turn him to chaotic neutral, that's when the REAL fun begins!!

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-03-2001, 06:59 PM   #9
Gimlee
Elminster

Why does the real fun begins????
Old 05-03-2001, 07:01 PM   #10
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimlee:
Why does the real fun begins????
It's all in the "party conversation", if you have not played Anomen chaotic neutral, then I won't spoil you any further/

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!