Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2002, 01:58 AM   #1
macoati
Manshoon

I am currently in Skull castle and have done all of the 'basic' items. I have been to the Lich's study and had to pick (I have no idea why it allowed me to pick it...it was a level 12 lock) the lock on the wall to get to the chest that had the staff as the 'Bone Key' did not work on the lock the first thousand times I 'used' it.

From the 'Throne room' is a door straight ahead that I cannot get into. I can, and have, done the bridge and all of the passageways...killed the vamps, Go-shin, etc. I have covered all of the area I have access to at least twice. Now, do I get to talk to this wonderful Lich? From his study I have the room with a lock on the door where the chest is. Another door on the opposite side that does not have a lock and will not open no matter how many times I bounce my head off it.

So...am I screwed? Any help/ideas are appreciated. My thanks in advance.

System info:

Intel Celeron 800Mhz
Windows XP
Direct X is 8.x
256M memory
30G HD
I actually don't have a clue what the vid card is
(game runs fine on this celeron...P3 machine it won't even open)
Game is patched

I don't think this is a hardware or OS problem, but...Need anything else?

[ 07-27-2002, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: macoati ]
Old 07-27-2002, 06:24 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Where did you find the "bone key"? I´m not good with those names, but the key you need to find is in a trapped room. When you enter the walls will cast Face of Death so lot´s of floating skulls will be in that room. Have you been there? You might want to check Xignal´s help site on Skull castle to see if you´ve missed something, Xignal`s site. You can check both the graphic and the text walkthru for info. If it should prove impossible for you to get to the lich and thereefor the staff of death I´m sure Wyv will help you get one with her magic lol.
Old 07-27-2002, 08:22 AM   #3
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

The 'Bone' key will get you in to talk to G'Ezzerd Ra.

Go back to the 'main' entrance...and start your way back to the bridge. After leaving the room, with 4 guards, you go up the stairs and through the door. (This is a 'T') If you turn right, you will be at the bridge. If you turn left, you'll find a staircase and a door. As you go down the stairs, the narrator should start a speech about '..the strange music from beyond the door.'
This is where you use the 'Bone key'. Beyond the door is G'Ezzerd Ra.
Old 07-27-2002, 09:37 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, macoati!!!

I see you've already been given excellent answers/help! Unlike some other games I have played, it is really next to impossible to ruin your W&W game. Sometime it is a matter of finding the right item or hint to get your game going. Sometimes players have actually lost a vital item BUT we can take care of that too! I'm going to be gone most of the day doing a raffle for my Border Collie Rescue group, but I'll check the board again this evening.

I hope you have met Gez by now. He'll give you a quest to complete within Skull Castle before you will get his staff. While on the quest keep in mind not to make the puzzles more complicated than they are.

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 11:03 AM   #5
macoati
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Where did you find the "bone key"? I´m not good with those names, but the key you need to find is in a trapped room. When you enter the walls will cast Face of Death so lot´s of floating skulls will be in that room. Have you been there? You might want to check Xignal´s help site on Skull castle to see if you´ve missed something, Xignal`s site. You can check both the graphic and the text walkthru for info. If it should prove impossible for you to get to the lich and thereefor the staff of death I´m sure Wyv will help you get one with her magic lol.
I found the "bone key" in the trap room. When I get stuck I am using the walkthroughs posted on IW WW walkthrough page. It now opens the room with the chest off of the Lich's study...that's the chest where I found the staff of death. In other words, I have not spoken to G'Ezzerd Ra yet but I already have the Staff of Death.

(can't seem to get two quotes into one post for some reason but copy/paste works just as well)

Quote:
Originally posted by Packrat:
The 'Bone' key will get you in to talk to G'Ezzerd Ra.

Go back to the 'main' entrance...and start your way back to the bridge. After leaving the room, with 4 guards, you go up the stairs and through the door. (This is a 'T') If you turn right, you will be at the bridge. If you turn left, you'll find a staircase and a door. As you go down the stairs, the narrator should start a speech about '..the strange music from beyond the door.'
This is where you use the 'Bone key'. Beyond the door is G'Ezzerd Ra.
As you said, at the 'T' from the Throne room... there is a door straight ahead down a flight of stairs and then 'right' takes you to the bridge/lake/pasageways/etc...

I cannot go through the door from the 'T' where the narator talks about the dirge type music. From the labyrith you get to the "Small Sanctum" room where the "bone key" (aka: spell trap room key) opens the one door that has a lock. Following through the door with the lock takes me to the Lich's study...and that's already been mentioned in my first post as well as above.

I will go back to the throne room and down the T to the door and see if I can find a lock again. Maybe, since I've gone back to Brimloch since I posted the dungeon will have reset itself enough that it will show up for me. I will most definitely let you (all) know what happens.

Thanks for the welcome, Wyvern. And for all the quick help on this!!!
Old 07-27-2002, 11:34 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, macoati. May the Gael Serran be friendly and fruitful, and may all your salads come with a side of dressing.

Down those stairs is the right way to G'ezerred Rah. Make sure the character with the right key is the one trying to open the door -- nothing worse than having the key in the wrong pocket [img]smile.gif[/img] Actually, I'm not sure that's an issue (been a while since I've played), but it wouldn't hurt.

Failing that, check Xignal's site and the walkthrough. All requirements should be listed there.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 11:41 PM   #7
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Actually, I'm not sure that's an issue (been a while since I've played), but it wouldn't hurt.
Ya I haven't been playing that much either. I don't think I have played for a month or so. I tried the ones for Super Nintendo. And I am sorry but those just plain stink. When you play them on emulator you are supposed to delete after 24 hours. i took it off after an hour both of them. No Fun I thought.

Now for some advice. If I am correct you will soon be dealing with your first demons. Fire doesn't affect them so be warn the use spells and are good at melee. Just a warning.

oh ya and welcome to the board!
Old 07-28-2002, 02:15 PM   #8
macoati
Manshoon

All-

As I walked through the throne room and down to G'Ezzerd Ra's door I couldn't help but think this should be easy...not as difficult as I've made it to be. Then my mind began a low chant which rose in volume as I approached the door... O P E R A T O R E R R O R ...

Who'd a thunk it, there was actually a spot for the key on the right hand side of the door jam? A "lock" to be precise...Jehosephat!!! the things one can discover when one actually looks in the right place...To make the long story short: I'm done with SC and on to Anephas' place [img]smile.gif[/img] Sorry to waste time with such inane problems...and thanks for all the advice!

May the wind always blow where you want it...
Old 07-28-2002, 09:32 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Ahhh... don't let it bother you, macoati. Just 'cause that keyhole hid on you is beside the point... they do that sometimes. Besides, it's not like that lever in the crypt... is it?

Hope your game is moving on well now. Keep us posted with the fun!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 09:53 PM   #10
macoati
Manshoon

Will do... have done a bit of Anephas' place... now if I can just get my wife stop having me paint things/rooms for her I could have MORE fun [img]smile.gif[/img] .