Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-01-2001, 11:25 PM   #201
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Thanks! How come on the computers at the local library which are total crap I can pull up Lady Nightshades portraits and see them, but on my home computer or the one at work I can't?

Sorry again about the delay. I don't know what kinda stats that you use at home, but I would figure that the Java Console on your web-browser may be a little out of date. I noticed when I went to the website that she uses Javascript or Java programming. Didn't look that close into it, but that's probably why you are having probs with it? When was the last time that you updated Internet Explorer? I don't know what kind of connection you have at home either, but it could be too slow to capture the images (it is pretty graphic intensive.) Don't know if that will help you, but that's usually the cause.

Oh, right. It also may be the security level you have set will not allow Java too. You may need to go to whatever security settings that you use and change it to a lower level. There is a similar switch in the advanced settings of I.E. that you may need to set to turn on the Java console or allow specific types of emulation.

I would suspect that the computer you have at work has it's settings turned off so that it won't allow Java. A lot of companies don't trust Java, cause it can get under the hood of an operating system and cause some problems. I would highly suggest that you find out what the dealio is at work first before changing settings.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL

[This message has been edited by Tobbin (edited 04-01-2001).]
Old 04-01-2001, 11:27 PM   #202
JJ/newbie

JJ saunters through the doors, Greetings, all you friends of fun, hair of the dog working it's naturopathic magic?

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To
And...
Because Sometimes They're Wrapped Too Tight, I Am (about the only one left) The Resident Corset Loosener Of The Moon's Hope Inn Ladies' Guild (in training)

Old 04-01-2001, 11:28 PM   #203
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Is that Java Script something I can down-load off the net. My computer at home might not handle it, but I'm pretty sure the one I have at work could. What would I do?

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death O_H_F
Lady in Waiting (the question is waiting for what?)
Yes, I do get cold. That is why I need someone to warm me up.
No, I did not lose the rest of my outfit!
Does anyone feel a draft or is it me?
Official Party Planner and Events Coordinator of the Moon's Hope Inn
Does this make me a party girl?
Proud Member of the Ladies Guild
Putting this in to see if BK is really reading

Old 04-01-2001, 11:33 PM   #204
Reeka

Hi, JJ, how's it going? Little one all tucked away?

------------------

Old 04-01-2001, 11:35 PM   #205
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Is that Java Script something I can down-load off the net. My computer at home might not handle it, but I'm pretty sure the one I have at work could. What would I do?

You normally go through Windows update and/or IE update to get the upgrades for the Java. It should be under Tools:Windows Update on your main bar. If you need to adjust settings, then you go to Tools:Internet Options:Advanced You will need to reboot the computer for it to take effect too. There will be a window to tell you this though.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 04-01-2001, 11:37 PM   #206
Reeka

Thanks, Tobbin! I'll give it a try.

------------------

Old 04-01-2001, 11:45 PM   #207
JJ/newbie

Hi Reeka, she's all tuckered out and tucked in. We went down to the park by the river and threw bread for the fowl, then played on various playground equipment, played chase, and I swung her around 'til we were both too dizzy to stand, came back home, performed my usual incredible edible BBQ magic (10th Dan black belt in BBQ!), then we sort of wound down, and read before bed as is our wont. A GLORIOUS DAY!

------------------
And...
Because Sometimes They're Wrapped Too Tight, I Am (about the only one left) The Resident Corset Loosener Of The Moon's Hope Inn Ladies' Guild (in training)

Old 04-01-2001, 11:51 PM   #208
Reeka

You are such a terrific daddy. I know you've had some problems lately (I haven't read all about it. . . . . . sorry), but I'm so happy that you had gotten to spend time with your daughter. Little girls need their daddies.

------------------

Old 04-02-2001, 12:04 AM   #209
Reeka

To whoever is still around, I've got to get to bed. Daylight savings has messed me up. Work in the morning. 'Night All!

------------------

Old 04-02-2001, 12:04 AM   #210
JJ/newbie

Yes, I was very suprised when I came back in from checking the steaks and she hands me the phone, and it is my ex wanting to know if I had 'put her up to it', but she agreed to her staying the extra night, I think the subpeonas for the sherrifs involved in last week's episode prompted her lawyer to tell her to quit helping my case so much!

------------------
And...