Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Default Idol chatter, American style

I've been watching a bit of American idol and I'm really uncomfortable with the rivalry between Ryan and Simon. Has anyone else noticed, or felt this?
I'm sick of Ryan skipping over him with the thank yous at the end etc. Simon is critical and in most cases, I think it's a good thing. He pushes people to be better.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Idol chatter, American style

It's all a big lie. Seacreast and Cowell care only for money. Simon is one of the richest men in the world, making cash by his "outrageous" comments that IMO got old long ago. Ryan just rides on Simon's coat-tails, understand, rivalries are all manufactured for ratings (if he didn't like him he wouldn't be asked back to host the show and would refuse to work with Simon). Btw I think Ryan most certainly has "a secret".
Old 02-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I've noticed it, and I concur... it's probably in there by design. Perhaps it started once as a passing thing, but people responded to it, so they've added it.

As for Simon, I have to say (admitting that this is the first season I've really watched) that I think he's generally accurate. There's something *special* that you need to stand out, and often, it's just not there. No matter WHAT the booing audience thinks...

And Ryan... Idunno. Hadn't really paid much attention to him. I thought his job was to comfort all the girls after the mean judges got done with them... seems to always get his hands on them, he does...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:14 AM   #4
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleau View Post
seems to always get his hands on them, he does...
Yeah, I've noticed that too. I notice that Pat Sajack always does the same thing too.

I'm not sure if SpiritWarrior is implying that Ryan likes the boys better though.

It also looks like most of the girls bombed the 70's songs last night. I think (like myself) you had to be in the 70's to really appreciate and understand the 70's.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah I am indeed. Just watch, he'll do a Lance Bass and come out a few years after it's all over.

Idol is so set up and manufactured it's unreal. Any show that Simon is on usually is. That man is so rich from these shows you have no idea. As for the current seasons frontrunner (David Archuleta), they don't mention how he already won Star Search a few years back, and act like he's just this random precious gem that was discovered and virtually created by Idol. They don't mention he's been singing on TV for years and has the a ton more experience with cameras, lights and fame compared to the other contestants. I feel bad for him, as he is the sure winner but has no idea how much work he will have to do for Coca Cola, Ford and Old Navy once Idol "own" him. And when they do they won't let go.