Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-26-2001, 03:37 PM   #11
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuor:
No actually I mustn't stop. 'smile' And no I'm not going to suffer the consequences either. If your beliefs are none of my business then mine are none of yours and by your own logic you shouldn't be interefering in this thread.

I'm going to continue posting on whatever damn topic I see fit whenever I see fit irrespective of what you or anyone else (except the moderators) say. This was intended as a good humoured laugh and an opportunity for an interesting debate.

This actually goes way back to an funny lively debate I had with Avatar-your founder about three months ago. if he can see the fun side of this I'm sure his disciples can. 'smile'
Hey there sparky, there's no need to set fire's. chill out man

------------------
Lurking in the shadow's of your dreams,the Ruby Rouge of the ALSB
Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Old 09-26-2001, 03:43 PM   #12
Tuor
Elminster

Ooops, overreacted a bit sooorry.
Old 09-26-2001, 03:48 PM   #13
Elif Godson
Dracolich

It's all good

------------------
Lurking in the shadow's of your dreams,the Ruby Rouge of the ALSB
Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Old 09-26-2001, 04:47 PM   #14
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

I don't hate her....but I'll join because I find the "Lover and Worshiper" fan clubs more annoying as Britney Spears.
Old 09-26-2001, 05:08 PM   #15
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'll join too if not only to counterbalance the Aerie lovers. And Neb, if Jaheira's big eyes freak you out, how com Aeries don't.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
Old 09-26-2001, 05:10 PM   #16
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tuor:
In an attempt to balance the whole 'Aerie is absolutely great' mob who keep posting, and have EVEN set up a bloody clan dedicated to the whining, wingless, wally (only clean word beginning with w I knew) here goes.

1) She looks about 10.

She looks older then Imoen.
2) She whines non stop.
Oh and the others two don't, Khalid/nature this, I hate surfaces that oh just shoot me now!!
3) She is shush say it quietly.....ONLY MAKE BELIEVE
And yet your getting worked about it
4) She does nothing that cannot be done better by another character.
She can act as a singlur support character who can blast magic into battle were it needed or unleash healing spell without being hit and losing the spell, when a pure cleric or mage would take two group places.
5) Her hit points REALLY are dreadful-oh a fight with a gibberling I couldn't possibly- he might seriously injure me.
Stone skin spell, that what it there for.
6) She advances too slowly
no slower then other multi-character.
7) Her intelligence means she can't learn to many mage spells.
That what potions of genius are for.
8) She whines non stop, I know I already said that but I felt it was so important I thought it deserved a second airing.
Again no more that the others.

------------------

Hodge-podge Sliver Cleric of the ALSB
You don't need pants for the victory dance becuase I am better then Weasels!!

[This message has been edited by Gabriel (edited 09-26-2001).]
Old 09-26-2001, 05:22 PM   #17
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Actually, Aerie's only weakness is her low hitpoints, she can replace Anomen as Cleric and Edwin as mage,
Errrrrrm... I dunno, I'd just rather sacrifice a spot in the party and have a powerful cleric and a powerful mage instead of one character who combines both but is weaker in each. If there were TWO cleric/mages, aha, maybe, but to get access to the higher level spells it'll be Anomen and Edwin, please.
Old 09-26-2001, 06:00 PM   #18
Skunk
Banned User

Quote:
Actually, Aerie's only weakness is her low hitpoints, she can replace Anomen as Cleric and Edwin as mage, thereby freeing up space for another party member, and if you give her the Mace of Disruption, the Shield of Reflection and the Robe of the Good Archmagi, she's able to defend herself, I agree that her whining is irritating, but just play as a female character then you will be free of a lot of it since much of it is romance whining, her intelligence dosen't stop her advancement since it's not so fast that she will get any high level spells soon, and by the way, Aerie does NOT look like a ten-year old and who chooses their NPCs depending on how sexy they are anyway? If I wanted to do that I'd choose Viconia instead, definitely no Jaheira, those huge eyes freak me out a bit.

I agree - her only weakness is that she dies frequently... But hey! Who wants a live charactor anyway? I like mine permanently on a drip...
Old 09-26-2001, 06:04 PM   #19
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Skunk:

I agree - her only weakness is that she dies frequently... But hey! Who wants a live charactor anyway? I like mine permanently on a drip...
It becomes almost funny, or part of the routine, after a while... like:

'Ok... Mazzy ready with the bow... Keldorn, ready the sword... Jan, invisible... Valygar, stealthed... Aerie, spells ready... CHARGE! Valygar, backstab that guy! Keldorn, hold them off! Jan and Mazzy, take down the wizard! Aerie, cast Magic Missile! Ok, Keldorn, attack him now, Valygar assist - OH! Aerie's bought the farm, never mind, Keldorn, ready a Raise Dead scroll...
Old 09-26-2001, 06:11 PM   #20
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
...who chooses their NPCs depending on how sexy they are anyway?...
I do.

------------------
The malt beer lord has come!
Ruby Skald of the ALSB