Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2006, 06:15 AM   #1
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Has anyone tried this and is it any good?

[ 02-26-2006, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 02-26-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Lotta really big battles.
Lotta new scenarios.
Too many helpers, and they're related in ways that make all their various types go red if you accidently get one of them.
Some still-unfixed shutdowns, especially when the new monsters spawn other new monsters.
FUN FUN FUN anyway.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:23 AM   #3
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I love Deathstalker, it is so different from the original game. There are some problems with crashes sometimes but most are avoidable if you read what the message says. There are some faction issues that turn friendlies aginst you, but that just makes it more interesting. Some big battles and a lot more gadgets, bard instraments, and spells. All in all well worth playing. Just remember it is not completely polished. This has been my favorite mod yet. Make sure to get the latest version.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:26 AM   #4
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

So what happens when you install it? Does it change your wntire game or do you choose the setting, or what?
Old 02-28-2006, 06:18 AM   #5
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

If you install Deathstalker's mod you cannot go back to the original game or to other mods. You must install W8 again. So make a copy before you install the mod. It only works with the latest patch.
Currently Deathstalker is testing his version 2.2. AFAIK it removes the bugs from version 2.1.. Maybe there are new things too. But I don't know if the older saves work with 2.2.

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]

[ 02-28-2006, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: Loudhy ]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:40 AM   #6
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I think he had to re-do arnika entirely as well as modify Rapax courtyard. Can't wait for 2.2 to come out.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:58 PM   #7
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, reports are there has been much re-working of areas, and a few new surprises are in store. DS is taking his time, ensuring as many bugs and issues are resolved prior to release.

As for "changing the game", basically all mods overlay database changes, so new/changed items, mosters, where stuff is etc can all be changed. So save games made with a mod in place, aren't going to work when a different mod is used or no mod, for the very simple reason that the databases would be different, so your characters inventory etc would get very screwed up.

As recommended, play a game with a mod installed, when finished, if you're PC savvy, you should be able to work out what files/dirs to remove, or the simplest way is just to uninstalled / re-install Wiz8 clean.

All known released Wiz8 mods are available from the 'Downloads' section of my web site.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:43 AM   #8
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Good news.

It seems that Deathstalker has finished his 2.2 mod. I read in a german forum, that it maybe available for download tomorrow.

He wrote:

Quote:
Almost done,

Hopfully I can send Wolfie the newest version tonight. I finally got the bugs worked out of the Rapax Courtyard (good thing I waited to playtest it, crashed completly when I got there, had to start the Courtyard from scratch again...)...

Updated a few spells as well and added some more descriptions into the items.

You can now make Arrow Bombs and Arrow Grenades with Alchemist Base and certain types of arrows.....

Guardian/Superman and a few other spells can now be cast OUTSIDE of combat (though they will end with the next combat or the next sleep as well).
[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]

[ 03-09-2006, 03:45 AM: Message edited by: Loudhy ]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 07:15 PM   #9
WarrGrinn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The 3.0 version of this mod is now available on Wolfie's site [img]smile.gif[/img]

Steve (Deathstalker/WarrGrinn/Thor911)
Old 03-16-2006, 04:54 PM   #10
Lexigon_5
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I stopped playing at the point where i ciuld see that one early battle would take severel hours because of all the extra friendlies helping out.

New plan. A couple more levels and i am going out NPC bashing. Bloody nuisances the lot of em.
Lexigon_5 is offline   Reply With Quote