Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 08-06-2010, 01:37 AM   #1
Winterfell
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Alot of bitching about NWN 1 and the patching system

I recently went back to neverwinter nights 1. and I spent about a week playing the first chapter to figure out how it worked. I then got the hang of it and starteds playing for real. Along the way however, I discovered CEP and the cool new content that requires v1.69. I couldn't wait for this awesome stuff so I immediately updated to 1.69 and "Kaboom" all of my savegames are gone.............................................. .................. Is there a method for retrieving these lost save files? does any one know?

But I mean is that seriously an acceptable bug? I have just spent two days getting back to the same place I was before. It appears to me that the game has become alot more elitist than when I first played it seven years ago. If you search online CEP content is entirely without explanation and only useful to people who know what to do with it... And it took me three hours to find an installation tutorial... Honestly, I'm happy sounding like an idiot if it makes the process easier for the next "idiot" who decides he'd like to play the game. I know I've come into the picture alot later than most people but I personally think the customer support is atrocious and I think the fact that the majority of people already know all the technical details just serves to alianate any potential newcomers to the game (myself included).

Last edited by Winterfell; 08-06-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Winterfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
Winterfell
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Re: Alot of bitching about NWN 1 and the patching system

Sorry if this sounds cranky btw, but I reckon I have a legitimate reason to be out of sorts... ( around 40 hours of gametime...)

Last edited by Winterfell; 08-06-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Winterfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Hmm don't recall 1.69 breaking the saved games... If they did though, Bioware would have maybe made a utility to convert the saved games to the new format--again, maybe.. Check their utility area.

Anyone else know about 1.69 breaking??

(BTW, you should play Ironworks "Escape from Undermountain" Mod I made! It's been online since 2002! --wow, thats a long time!) it's huge, and I made my own 3D models, monsters and tiles for it too. Needs a hakpak I made and CEP, and thats all ya need.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
Winterfell
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think I've seen that actually, while browsing through all the CEP content.
I'm just about to finish Chapter 3 OC, then the two expansions, and then I'll get to playing all the CEP stuff I'm well looking forward to it but I hate cutting corners lol.

Now I'm so far in I've calmed down and warmed up to it a little, great game!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:14 AM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The official patches wouldn't break your saves. If anything, stuff like the CEP content might, or other custom stuff. I am sure the saves are there in a folder somewhere though. You could always revert back and reinstall.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Never had that happen to me. You may want to ask on the Bioware forums about that. In terms of the copy of NeverWinter Nights 1 that you installed, what version was it initially? I mean, before you uploaded the upgrade to 1.69? That may have something to do with what managed to "break" your save games and make them irretrievable. Something else to consider would be to reinstall NeverWinter Nights in a different directory, copy the save games to the "non-upgraded" version, and see if they will still play properly.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote