Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-31-2001, 12:36 AM   #1
little lizard

Spoiler ahead,
Ok, a bit long, but just wait. Well, I started by taking my protagonist (?) paladin, which was at highest level possible, and went at him with just the Holy avenger, the Gax ring and the cloak of mirroring. The avenger dealt damage quikly enough when his protections went down, but the best of it was that none of his spells worked against me!! And another good part is this: The cloak just sent all his ice cones back at him, and basically he just killed himself!!
I don't know why so many seem to have a problem with this, it was so easy! Oh, and btw, I finshed this game with Edwin for magic, Minsc for butt-kicking for goodness ( hey, I'm a paladin, remember? ), Jaheira for heling and backup-fighting, Viconia for healing, and jan until I got Imoen back.
What do you think of this?

Old 05-31-2001, 12:46 AM   #2
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

CONGRATS on finishing the game, and WELCOME to IronWorks !!!

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil.

"Let them come. Let them ALL come."

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 05-31-2001).]
Old 05-31-2001, 12:47 AM   #3
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

The key here is the Carsomyr. It has a 50% chance of dispelling magic. I played with Keldorn my second time through and found that Carsomyr is waaaaaaay unbalancing to the game.
Old 05-31-2001, 04:01 AM   #4
Cayle
The Magister

My current character is savin' a protection from magic scroll real special for ole' Jonnie Boy! I don't want a fair fight, I want my !$%& back!