Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2003, 04:21 PM   #1
GodzGift
Dungeon Master

i actually have 2 questions:

1. when i started TOB i noticed that i had less XP than minsc and sir anomen. throughout SOA my pc had the highest XP right above minsc. it's not a real big difference but i was just wondering why all of a sudden they had more than my pc. at the end of SOA no one died or anything like that. any ideas?

2. also when i started TOB my pc and sir anomen where still in the meating ceremony room where you get congratulated but minsc, jaheira, nalia, and imoen where in the wooded area with the stone heads. they didn't get together until i got to the pocket plane. is that supposed to happen or was that a bug?
GodzGift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 04:28 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Do you have the Official ToB patch and Baldurdash fixpack?

[ 11-13-2003, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:45 PM   #3
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

WOW 2 is weird...but then i never transitioned into TOB so i would not know how weird that is or not.

1) It could have to do with the final battle and that you get experince for leaving hell and what not...Ellesime might give you some too...so if you didnt check after the final hell battle and so on (which you cant) then you wouldnt really know.

Sorry kinda back wards there but installing thoose patches might not be a bad idea [img]smile.gif[/img] !!!
Old 11-13-2003, 11:02 PM   #4
Userunfriendly
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by GodzGift:
i actually have 2 questions:

1. when i started TOB i noticed that i had less XP than minsc and sir anomen. throughout SOA my pc had the highest XP right above minsc. it's not a real big difference but i was just wondering why all of a sudden they had more than my pc. at the end of SOA no one died or anything like that. any ideas?

2. also when i started TOB my pc and sir anomen where still in the meating ceremony room where you get congratulated but minsc, jaheira, nalia, and imoen where in the wooded area with the stone heads. they didn't get together until i got to the pocket plane. is that supposed to happen or was that a bug?
the multiple party locations is one of the bugs that baldurdash patch fixes...download and install it...
Jansens aren\'t as harmless like everybody supposes! <br />They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses! <br />And what\'s with all the turnips? <br />Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway? <br />Jansens, Jansens,<br />It must be Jansens!!!<br />(or griffins!)
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 04:20 PM   #5
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Dar'tanian:
WOW 2 is weird...but then i never transitioned into TOB so i would not know how weird that is or not.

1) It could have to do with the final battle and that you get experince for leaving hell and what not...Ellesime might give you some too...so if you didnt check after the final hell battle and so on (which you cant) then you wouldnt really know.

Sorry kinda back wards there but installing thoose patches might not be a bad idea [img]smile.gif[/img] !!!
Number 2 is a bug, but it really doesn't make much difference unless the NPC you are romancing gets kicked out too. Otherwise, you could just get your characters back using the spirit. BTW, say you had this bug, and your other characters all had over 2,500,000 XP, would they be back at 2,500,000 when you summoned them?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:43 AM   #6
GodzGift
Dungeon Master

i didn't have to summon them when i got to the pocket plane. they were just there like they had never been seperated from each other. it was wierd.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:32 PM   #7
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by GodzGift:
i didn't have to summon them when i got to the pocket plane. they were just there like they had never been seperated from each other. it was wierd.
When you kick someone out of your party in ToB, you get an option to ask them to stay in your PP. The game must have registered it as if you asked them to stay in your PP if you need them later on.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:34 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

What more likely happened is that they obeyed the scripted command of "10 seconds after Illasera dies, all objects left on the ground in the Ritual Grove, and all party members (no matter where they are) are transported to the Pocket Plane."
Old 11-19-2003, 09:49 AM   #9
GodzGift
Dungeon Master

was i supposed to fight Illasera in the ritual grove??? my 2 guys that were left in the elven city fought her by themselves. the rest of my party was in the ritual grove. then like you said Six...they all got transported to the pocket plane.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:58 AM   #10
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Number 1 probalby has something to do with the challenges in hell. I seem to remember that in one of them you are asked to either sacrifice for an innocent or have the innocent sacrificed. If i'm not mistaken one of the things that you sacrifice is experience.