Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2004, 05:31 AM   #1
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

Aerie keeps saying all this weird stuff in the game and im not sure what it is.
I have the banter pack Installed and the flirt pack and I think it might be these.

She has just got past her 4th love talk so i went to flirt with her and all these weird options came up, when i started it she said
"Trust me you wouldnt want Minsc to go beserk on you, its not pretty, unless you find death by dismemberment pretty" then there were all the strange options like
1)50 gold will that do?
2) heres 500 gold now get the child talking
3) Theres some truth in your eyes, billy tell them where the squeaker is and find another rat to play with
4) I dont know what came over me i think MInsc head sore is catching

and heaps more

and then about 5 minutes later we were walking along and she comes up with
"delag!"
"hes hurting me"
" the big one ugly one"

and then she stopped.

what the hell is this can somone help me please
Old 11-05-2004, 08:53 AM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I think taht you rflirt pack is messing up things. Mine did.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 08:56 AM   #3
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I recognise what Aerie said at first as one of the options you get in dialogue with one of the Unfinished Business quests regarding Boo, as he's stolen at one point. You have Unfinished Business installed too?

The only thing I can think of is backgin up your save (copy it to a different location) and completely removing the game, then re-installing all the mods in the correct order. You can find the order in one of the many threads listed here, although the general one is any non-WeiDU ones first, then any WeiDU mods.
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 08:37 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

your dialogue.tlk file needs to be replaced. Did you back it up? If you did, replace it and then re-install your patche, fixpack, and then your mods all over again.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 06:03 AM   #5
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

lol im sorry to say that i dont know how to do all this backing up replacing and whatever so i uninstalled the banter pack and the flirt pack and its working fine so thats good enough for me, i play for the thrill of making awsome characters not the dialog much, normally i have a party of five peeps i made myself lol but that normally ends out pretty cheesy
Inquisitor
Dwarf Berseker
Kensai
Swashbuckler
Socerer

[ 11-06-2004, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: lost prophet ]
Old 11-06-2004, 07:23 AM   #6
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Well, if you want, you could just uninstall all the mods you have installed, and then follow the correct installation order...so install a non-WeiDU mod first (I remember reading somewhere that you can only have one...right?) and then the WeiDU ones you use.

If you go to WeiDU.org and click on "Other WeiDU mods" it brings up a site that contains info on all mods possible. Click on the relevent links, and you'll end up on a page where it gives the various possible BG2 mods. If you sift through those, you can see which mods are WeiDU and which aren't, since the ones that aren't have [Non-WeiDU] written next to them.

Of course, if you can't be bothered to do all that (I know, it sounds a little long-winded) as long as it's working fine now, I guess you don't really need to do anything.
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 06:32 AM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

honestly.. i find your situation with aerie so funny with her sprouting nonesense.. of course i hope you can fix this problem soon. you should read the read me of all the mods you install. sometimes there are some incompatability issues.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 04:56 AM   #8
Whailor

I always knew the lass was cracked, and there ya go! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, really, probably as someone said, one of your mods has messed up the dialog file and you need to replace it, perhaps [img]smile.gif[/img]