Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2003, 04:56 PM   #1
Master_Rahl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

From the first time that Imoen opens her gob she really gets on my nerves..Matter of fact she was the original reason for my playing solo..It took a while for me to click about gaining all the xp's LOL. She just doesn't stop moaning and when she takes a breath it is to say something as inane as "smell those lovely books"...come on, no matter what she has to offer it is not worth it..Well this is just a little rave as cant see that anyone has discussed this before!!
Master_Rahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 05:02 PM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

Welcome to the board Master_Rahl! I can understand your frustration concerning Imoen, because after a while you *do* get a bit tense about her constant babbling (but there are worse characters in Baldur's Gate 2!!).. I can vividly dream about the day I didn't hear "Heya" when I clicked on her portrait.. It sounded like heaven, it did!

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 05:55 PM   #3
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

I agree, Imoen is very annoying. I wish there was a "Shut the hell up!" option in her dialogue... But even then she would just ignore you. She can't take a clue. If you tell her that you have no time to listen to her morbid fascinations, she'll say exactly the same thing as if you had pitied her. What a dumb NPC...
Old 06-15-2003, 11:48 PM   #4
spydar

to give her some credit she is fairly mentally disturbed, but why can't she be the quiet kind of crazy who just sits in the corner twidling her thumbs?? and speaking of annoying I wanna smack Anomen up-side the head every time he opens his self-righteous holier-than-thou mouth. which is exactly why I'm trying to install Kelsey.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:33 AM   #5
Lemmy
Manshoon

Master_Rahl:
From the first time that Imoen opens her gob she really gets on my nerves. Matter of fact she was the original reason for my playing solo.

I echo every word. I find most detestable trait is her penchant for stalking you. In BG1, she pops up right outside town with that annoying "Heya!" Then in BG2, no matter how mercilessly you gutted her in BG1, no matter how carefully you destroyed the corpse, no matter which plane of Hell received her black soul... she's back! It's inexplicable! Unnatural! VILE! The first mug you see after your daily torture is... HER! The Bratqueen of Candlekeep!

Well this is just a little rave as cant see that anyone has discussed this before!!

Like you, my first posts here were anti-Imoen in nature. If you hate Imoen as much as I do, I think you'll enjoy this. (Imoen discussion begins at 10-22-2002 11:03 AM.)

-Lem
Lemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 02:36 AM   #6
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by spydar:
which is exactly why I'm trying to install Kelsey.
As far as Imoen is annoying, Kelsey is even more. He constantly brags about his father, his spells, his feelings... ahhhh *shut up*.
(NHF JC )

Tashia is nice and quite, a fine NPC after you change her portrait.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 02:44 AM   #7
Grojlach
Zartan

Of course, it's only a little bit of work to disable NPC voices in the game sound settings.
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 07:10 AM   #8
Faceman
Hathor

well I don't wnat ot start a flame war but I like li'l sis
She can level up to a powerful mage and has all the basic thieving skills.
Also there is nobody you have to care so much about (except for Aerie maybe).
Hey it's older borthers/sisters duty to look after the younger, that's what my siblings did for me.
As for her banter. IMHO she sometimes takes you out of battle to a quiet peaceful place.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:24 AM   #9
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Neither do I want to start a field of flame, but I definitely like Imoen, mainly *for her party interaction* !!! From the very first second of BG I ch1, when she joins me, I was wishing BioWare made an Imoen Romance (that time I didn't know that there were no romances in BG I).....

And I am definitely happy with it.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:34 AM   #10
Jan

Isn't it just a matter of time before all the different NPC's become just a little annoying? Sometimes Imoen is a pain, then it is Minsc and ...... (you get my point, right?).