Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2003, 03:36 PM   #1
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

UUURRRGHHHH !!!!!

This game doesn't provide any pleasure anymore. I've done everything, played 75% of the classes and the rest I dont like, I know every quest by heart, know the location of everything note-worthy, played ALL the mods and difficulty enhancing mods, watched all romances tidiousely unfold, roleplayed every alignment and so on.

3 Days ago I started a game with a monk and an archer and just after I finished the first two or three quests I thought to myself: what is it all for?

BAH !!!

And IWD is simply different then BGII and not so appealing to me, to arcade like, hacking and slashing all the way till the end. Not so much quest oriented you see? And Fallout is no different, played it just too often, know too much of it to be appealing anymore...

Now I find myself waiting for Lionheart, the new black isle game to be released in some months or so.

So my message is: Bioware, get of your butt and make some more great games!!! And lots of 'em you hear?
Old 06-13-2003, 03:40 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Play Morrowind or NWN-i just hate this. It did not excpet that BioWare will do such a teribble game. Well it is not teribble I really od not like it.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 03:44 PM   #3
Charlak The Axeman
The Magister

try and get ureself interested in other games or play on a console
Old 06-13-2003, 04:22 PM   #4
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Ow, you got me wrong: I play as many games as I can get my hands on, including Morrowind & Tribunal, NWN + add-on and racers and flights and adventures...

It's just that, except for maybe FF7, no, not even FF7, maybe the entire FF series together, I've never enjoyed a game as much as the BG series. And never played any game longer and more frequent as BG. And now the magic of BG is gone!!! I'm actually quite done with it!

I need new BG-like games, games that make you laugh, leave you in awe, the excellent programming and stuff. Planning when a tough battle comes up. When I first solo'ed my sorcerer, man that was cool. Understanding the entire arcane level of the game, thats just brilliant.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:37 PM   #5
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Then you are fux0red since the current trend in the gaming industry still focuses on graphics and features over anything else.

A story/quest heavy rpg will undoubtedly surface, but I think there will be some years where First person action/RPG hybrids and "diabloids" will still be the paradigm within the RPG genre.

Especially since these two genres are suited better for presenting the newest graphics engine.
Old 06-13-2003, 05:16 PM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Fallout 3 is in development.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:04 PM   #7
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

If you're looking for RPGs or puzzling games, I suggest Myst or Riven. Believe me, a few hours banging your head against THAT game will drive you back to BG2.

Have you ever considered playing through BG1/TotSC again? I recently went back and played a BG1 test game, where I was going to figure out dual-classing once and for all. I finished BG1 with the party of six, imported to BG2, dual-classed everyone...and JCompton and the FW team released Anomen's flirtpack. (my, oh, my, what an interesting flirtpack!).

IWD and IWD2 are more hack and slash. I'm surprised no one's mentioned Planescape: Torment. I've only tried it once, but it rocks! If you're all concerned about roleplay, get this: you start out True Neutral, and your decisions and responses determine your alignment. Cool, huh?

OTOH, you could go outside and play Frisbee once in a while.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:16 PM   #8
Lemmy
Manshoon

Zuvio:
So my message is: Bioware, get of your butt and make some more great games!!! And lots of 'em you hear?

I turn this back to you: Have you considered making mods? There are plenty of resources. All you need is the drive and an idea.

-Lem
Lemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 09:11 PM   #9
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

There's a game I read about in one of my playstation magazines called Unlimited Saga. They gave it a 2 out of 5, mostly because of its difficulty, and that it was rather short if you didn't do any sidequests. It noted that you would want to rent the game before buying it. It sounds like it may be a good game if you can get past the difficulty.

Here are a few RPGs that I can think of at the moment (and what system).

Dragon Warrior series (GB, PS)
Grandia series (PS, PS2)
Dark Cloud series (PS2)
Quest (N64)
Dual Hearts (PS2)
Super Mario RPG (SNES)
.hack// series (PS2)
Shadow Hearts (PS2)
Diablo series (PC, PS)

If I think of any more, I will post them.

[ 06-13-2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: LS0158 ]
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 12:54 AM   #10
Boutte
The Magister

Zuvio,
Read any good books lately?