Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-31-2001, 12:56 PM   #1
NiamhFoxling
Dungeon Master

Hmm...

When you're making a new PC, and choosing alignment, it says there will be consequences if you don't act what you choose.

What *kind* of consequences? I'm just curious here, wondering if anyone's done this. If any of my various characters and parties have been goofing my alignments, I've not noticed any problems stemming from it. Granted, I probably have a lot more leeway, since nine times out of ten, I'm a chaotic-whatever.

Closing this post with one of the oldest jokes in AD&D geek history:

I just had my car's alignment checked. Turns out it's Chaotic Evil.

(I thing *the* oldest AD&D geek joke is 'Jesus Saves...roll iniative.)

------------------
Playing the cutest li'l Chaotic characters since 1996.
Old 08-31-2001, 01:50 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I think the only consequences you have to worry about is if you choose to be a Paladin (must be Lawful Good) or a Ranger (must be Good). Possibly a Druid as well, since they must be True Neutral. I do know that doing evil acts will result in a Fallen Paladin or Fallen Ranger status, and you lose special powers when that happens.

------------------
Old 08-31-2001, 10:38 PM   #3
zNOVAz
The Magister

It does make a big difference, look in the back of the manual at the charts, it effects your reputaion wich is very important when you buys things ( its can increase/decrease price)
Old 09-01-2001, 01:21 AM   #4
Cal of Runewood
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It all dependes on your alinment if your lawfull good you begin 12 between neutral good/chatoic neutral=11 below=10

------------------
lets do this quick and painful
Old 09-01-2001, 11:07 AM   #5
Aurum
Manshoon

If, nothing for worry.

------------------
Principium mors est.
But when the world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.