Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2004, 07:16 PM   #51
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

wait a second, i think we're missing a few afficianado's here.

we're talking about a bottle of Dom here. alright... ITS NOT A BOTTLE OF WINE. its a bottle of CHAMPAGNE. many argue that its better than crystal (despite the fact that it is a bit cheaper). GOOD champagne DEMANDS that it be kept appropriately, stored on its side in a humidity free chilled environment (such as a refrigerator). where would they store it appropriately otherwise?

second, we're talking about a thirteen year old child acting in a massively destructive pattern that is beyond the scope acceptable for the age group. that much negative behavior in such a short time is unnacceptable at any age range. my parents would have beat me black and blue for such transgressions, and i would hope for/expect no less from them.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:00 PM   #52
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

The child shouldn't be hanging around kids who drink beer at the age of 13. And that kid certainly should have the sense not to drink the beer with him.

The bugle; playing around with something that you don't know about, or something that you've never used before is usually a bad idea. It's like the computer; some people might delete the Graphic Controller thinking it's a virus (my sister did that -_-;; ) In order to screw up the instrument like the kid did, he must've done something more than just try and play it.

Why kids would want to try Beer is beyond me. I've had a sip of beer before (my parents told me to try it when I didn't believe them that I wasn't missing anything [img]tongue.gif[/img] ); it tasted like crap.

However, the punishment for the kid was appropiate. Taking away something that the kid really, really wants will make him think back and maybe next time he won't be so keen to do something like that.

[ 06-30-2004, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Assassin ]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 06-30-2004, 11:57 PM   #53
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I've been thinking a bit more about it, and I think that the punishment (selling the PS2) was appropriate. Sticking the dagger in his back and twisting it ("It plays well. Email him and ask him how well") is going too far, from punishment to vindictiveness. And again, we don't know the rest of the story -- how much of a consistent problem this is or might be.

Hmmm... it occurs to me that the parents could actually get in trouble... contributing to the delinquency of a minor. For making alcohol so easily available. It seems they were more upset about losing a bottle of Dom than they were about their 13-year-old drinking. If it only cost me one bottle of Dom to stop my kids, I'd do it...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.