Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2001, 10:36 PM   #11
Moni

I heard (locally) that prices were 4.00 a galon in Houston already.
Locally they are still at 1.25-1.45 but that does not mean it will be the same tomorrow morning.
I have half a tank and nothing but a bunch of change that won't fill it (mostly pennies) & by the time I could get out of the panicky-people packed grocery store with a check written over the amount, the gas stations will be closed.
I can make it to school and back for the next two, maybe three days on what I do have.

This is a sick showing of just how greedy people can be and how we are being made to pay for tragedy in more ways than one today.

God Help This Country!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-11-2001, 10:42 PM   #12
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

w0w.

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-11-2001, 10:44 PM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
This is a sick showing of just how greedy people can be and how we are being made to pay for tragedy in more ways than one today.

God Help This Country!

I agree with that! Someone, a governor I think, is taking the gas companies and car rental agencies to task for "price gouging" during this national tragedy...at least I saw that on the news flash past in one of those "caption" reports while the newscasters were speaking.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 10:54 PM   #14
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

already there are some channels on cable that closed today and tonight programs to the respect the victims (well we ALL know why they closed because everyone will be watching the news programs)

I'm going to pay my respects on my website(s)
Old 09-12-2001, 12:03 AM   #15
Lifetime
Red Dragon

There will be terrible repercussions(SP?) for America and the rest of the world as a result of this..Stopping International Trade for even a day means a loss in Millions, and the losses of the World Trade Centre and the closing of all government services AND the stock market..
And think about the health and unemployment issues! Dust and smoke all over the city, thousands of people missing from jobs, the deaths in the civil service (200 firemen and 90+ police officers missing)..
Oh No this is a nightmare..

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 09-12-2001, 12:22 AM   #16
KHaN
Drow Warrior

I just heard on the radio here in SA that if you find ANYONE inflating the price of gasoline to ridiculous levels to call this number (the number was local) and they will be procecuted. We don't play around in Texas.

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."

[This message has been edited by KHaN (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 08:49 AM   #17
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:
I just heard on the radio here in SA that if you find ANYONE inflating the price of gasoline to ridiculous levels to call this number (the number was local) and they will be procecuted. We don't play around in Texas.

That is right. If a gas company raises its prices to get what they can get out of it, (this being illigal), they will have their doors shut by local police officials. Attention everyone! Do not pay for gas that has been illigally raised! Call the local authorities and they will be shut down.

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 09-12-2001, 09:08 AM   #18
Tobbin
Red Dragon

I work for a credit card terminal manufacturer and am a customer service rep. Last night we had calls saying that the prices of gas were up to $8 a gallon in some places. Seems I remember hearing that some official yesterday declared that price gouging would not be tolerated and to do as what was suggested in here. It's amazing the level of greed that some people can have. They say it's because there is more demand than supply, that some shipments may not be able to be received. The Gas/Oil industry has stated that there should not be any shortages though. I hope they prosecute everyone that has been using the tragedy yesterday to try to make a profit (illegally anyways).

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-12-2001, 09:11 AM   #19
MagiK

Nice to see that the opportunists are at work here....

You would think that with the huge number of the stations being Owned and operated by people of middle eastern descent that they might want to keep a lower profile....then again I wonder if it is the non-middle eastern descended owners who are doing this?? Id like to see the numbers broken out...

Price Gouging in times of national emergency is illegal and this will probably bring some kind of liability to the owners.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-12-2001, 09:15 AM   #20
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:

LOL No we don't!
Gas prices across the street went up a whole ten cents overnight...it was more expensive over the earlier summer months.
That ten cents is taking advantage though and I wonder if they will continue to climb. Whatever the ceiling is, you know some gasoline retailers wil be reaching it ASAP, only because they can.
I wonder what it will cost tomorrow?

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!