Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-20-2001, 05:41 PM   #1
Chrispi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi again. I have just downloaded a patch for BG in the hope of being able to play online, but...........
I can get through the mplayer bit in the start window, click on a game to enter it but it gets to a page with permissions etc. on it and then ejects me from the game because my version isn't the same as the servers.
so i downloded a patch and have it sitting on tmy desktop but can't run it. What shall i do?
Thanks
Old 11-20-2001, 06:10 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

how do you mean cant run it?

you coudnt be here if you didnt know how, so i shall proceede to guess some solutions:

it didnt download right. you'll get some crappy message with the acronym CRC in it. get it again

its a .zip and you cant handle zips.

goto www.winzip.com and download a demo version.

it didnt finish downloading but didnt get deleted. surprisingly common this, windows is supposed to delete fragment but misses them on occasion. delete and re-get. this is more common with download managers.

its not actually a patch, but something else entirely. if its one of those mods you put it in the override directory. this shoudnt effect connecting to servers.

naturaly tho you'll have encoutnered some dead-uncommon reason and none of this will be any help, in that case send us the error message.

oh, make sure the server is one which has ToB installed (or not if you dont have it). theoreticaly any responsible host type person will mention this in the name. in reality - fat chance. try another server.
Old 11-20-2001, 06:15 PM   #3
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Make sure you have the Cache in your Config folder set to 3oo or more.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society