Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-25-2006, 10:44 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Smiley

... just to get back into it a bit. Decided on a comical lineup. My first warrior is a pixie, followed by an elf (I think -- no make that a dwarf). Add an oomphaz rogue (dexterity, right? [img]smile.gif[/img] ), a rattling cleric, and a Gourkh and Lizzord wizard, and you've got a combination that doesn't make much sense... [img]smile.gif[/img]

The full cast of characters:

Flitter, the pixie warrior
Gruhntella Tankette, the dwarven warrior
Twinkletoes, the Oomphaz rogue
M'khaus, the rattling cleric (strange contraction of Mickey Mouse)
Lizzie Wizzie, the lizzord wizard
...I forget Ur'alla, the Gourkh wizard (no explanation known)

However, just past Ishad N'ha-ha-ha with Shurugeon Castle completed, the game is already in easy mode. Took out all four salads in short order thanks to *storm spells, and finally moved everyone up to a new class or two. The warriors became barbarians and are now Samurai and Ninja. The rogue became a warlock, the cleric became a paladin, and the two wizards also became warlocks. Got my travel spells, and everything is smooth sailing...

Anyone else start any interesting games lately?

*edit* had to update the correct character names. Don't want them turning on me...

[ 01-27-2006, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:53 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!

I needed a laugh this morning! THanks!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:07 AM   #3
Law
Dungeon Master

I am playing a “Tia” game. Solo Oomphaz, no armor or weapons.

I started as a Wizard. Then became a Paladin (I really needed healing spells!) and then Ranger (for cure poison). Then Bard and Warlock to get all the spell groups. I am now a Barbarian because I was getting hit into the red zone frequently and I wanted more hit points.
I have killed almost everything with spells, but I have now trained Kung Fu to 12 and can do OK punching things.
When I got to Brimlock Roon I was at 130 HP and the sharks and Raptors were “fun”. Also, I was killed by a Forest Raptor that hit me with a Critical hit. Never had that happen before.
I now have finally gotten over 300 HP so I get into the red only occasionally.

My previous game was almost the opposite.

CONAN the Barbarian (Lizzord)
Started as a Warrior but immediately changed to Barbarian. No other class changes. Thus he never had any spells. He could use the temple for healing or use potions that he found, but could not buy anything in the stores. He could only use what he found.

[ 01-26-2006, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Law ]
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Glad to brighten your day, Wyv [img]smile.gif[/img]

And Law, your games sound rather fun. Conan rules!

I've thought about trying a party with no promotions whatsoever... I may give that a shot with my next game.
-+-+-+
Old 01-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #5
Law
Dungeon Master

I have done a no promotions party.

The Pendants
One each of each of the basic classes.
My group was:
Indy Gourk Fighter uses only Axes
Ruby Ratling Rogue uses only Staffs (used Shinwiki's spear for most of the game)
Cody Elf Priest uses only Maces
Dee Whiskas Wizard uses only Daggers (and spells)

Rules/limits
No Revert Time spell (no redo by restoring, if you don't like the outcome, tough.)
No guilds (no training - only use skill points while leveling up)
No buying any equipment in the towns (only use what you find)
OK to use the temple for healing, cure, and resurrect.
OK to have a "friend" in town to hold items, money and
pay to resurrect the group if they all die at once.
OK to sell things in town and to pay to Identify and repair items.

Things that I missed
Never having the moon teleport spells. You will walk around a lot.
No artifacts (identify) or forge (repair) skills.

It was not as hard as I had thought it would be. The wizard did most of the kills in the early game and the Warrior and Rogue got a "thing" going where the Warrior would hit a monster but not kill it and then the Rogue would hit and kill it. It was funny, the Rogue got more kills then the Warrior.

[ 01-27-2006, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Law ]
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:34 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I experienced the Stout Mine writ bug differently than I ever have before, and I thought I'd share my way out. Some of you may have already seen this, but it was new to me this way.

I went into the mines, came out, and ran away before the ol' Signore could send me back down. Went into town, came back, and he announces that he's letting me out now... only I'm not in! While he's doing that, he also says he'll let me in... but when the "elevator" goes down, neither door opens!

Therefore, my old trick of running out before he sends you back in (or out) doesn't work... and unfortunately, I don't have a recent additional save game. Mama Hissy's gonna be mad at me... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

What I eventually did was to give him my writ to go down (errrr... out, according to him) and before he could send me down, I ran out of the "elevator". When I went back in, it finally behaved properly, and also eventually let me out properly too.

On to the Boogre Caves and to make someone an assassin and ranger... then to the Spire

Nice character layout, BTW, Law... and nice set of rules to play by [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+