Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2003, 01:08 PM   #31
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

I dont really know, i thought it said that on the first page of this thread, but i run trilogy not tutu
Old 09-18-2003, 02:38 PM   #32
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
JrKASperov, what do you mean Not necesarily is that a yes or a no? And where is Japheth? He seems to know a lot about this program. I need answers, cuz if I can play straight through with top notch graphics without having to pick of TOB that would be great. That and from what I hear it's a load of pain trying to find a workable download for BGT.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 02:40 PM   #33
jcompton
Elminster

I believe it will still work if you don't have TOB, yes.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:38 PM   #34
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
you cant take npcs to bg2 from bg1 in bgt
That's what I thought as well... Which is in my opinion the biggest disappointment about BGT, I'd have loved to take a few other characters through BG2 for a change. But on the other hand, the lack of scripts for those original BG1-characters could make it slightly on the boring side, much like a *shudder* game of Icewind Dale. [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]NOT true. Although it is buggy you can (and I have) take EVERY NPC (except Dynaheir and Khalid obviously) to SoA. It still is buggy though (the transition was probably the hardest part to code) and I imagine they have no banter.
Strangest thing is that you can still take NPCs to SoA who have cameos there (I had Xzar talk to Xzar ) and even recruitable ones.
NPC cameo SPOILERS - following NPCs make appearances in SoA and their current status in BGT
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
  • Imoen, Minsc and Jaheira are captured with you in the starting dungeon - they will transition from BG1 with their exact stats which certainly is an upside.
  • Viconia and Edwin are recruitable in SoA - can be transported from BG to Chateau Irenicus but they seem to be missing at their regular locations in SoA if you dealt (recruited, freed) with them in BG1 even if you do not transfer them. This however does not take away the plots (stake, Mae'Var) but CLUAing them in will help to avoid plot-stoppers
  • Xzar and Montaron are involved in the early Harper plot - can be transitioned and even used as party member in respective quest (regular SoA Xzar will still be there)
  • Ajantis is one of the paladins you kill in Windspear hills - can be transitioned (don't know about plot issues as I did not take him that far)
  • Yeslick and Kivan don't appear in SoA AFAIK - can be transitioned perfectly
  • don't know transitioning for all the other but I imagine it will work like the above which is strange because many of them have "cameos" (Coran, Safana, Faldorn, Garrick, Quayle, Tiax)

[ 09-18-2003, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Faceman ]
Old 09-19-2003, 01:52 AM   #35
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

BGtutu, does not NEED ToB, but you can have it, it does not matter either way, the only thing you actually need, is to have the BGII engine on your pc and a full install of BGI. Then, the program converts EVERYTHING from BGI to BGII, so you can play BGI from BGII. What you have in the SoA folders would probably not take any effect, BGtutu does not USE them anyway. Save maybethe engine thingies such as paper dolls.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:44 PM   #36
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Any chance you can load a saved BG1 game???
Old 09-19-2003, 10:10 PM   #37
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Also:

If you install BG2 twice, can you still play BG2 -- so you'd be able to play either one without converting back & forth?

Thanks for the info -- I downloaded it and will likely install it. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2003, 04:49 AM   #38
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
NOT true. Although it is buggy you can (and I have) take EVERY NPC (except Dynaheir and Khalid obviously) to SoA. It still is buggy though (the transition was probably the hardest part to code) and I imagine they have no banter.
Then it's probably added in one of the later patches... Which I still haven't installed, mind you. [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 05:21 AM   #39
Faceman
Hathor

sorry for the shouting [img]smile.gif[/img]
I just got excited because I had heard the rumors that it was not possible over and over and was really anxious and then it was possible anyway.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:33 AM   #40
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
you cant take npcs to bg2 from bg1 in bgt
That's what I thought as well... Which is in my opinion the biggest disappointment about BGT, I'd have loved to take a few other characters through BG2 for a change. But on the other hand, the lack of scripts for those original BG1-characters could make it slightly on the boring side, much like a *shudder* game of Icewind Dale. [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]NOT true. Although it is buggy you can (and I have) take EVERY NPC (except Dynaheir and Khalid obviously) to SoA. It still is buggy though (the transition was probably the hardest part to code) and I imagine they have no banter.
Strangest thing is that you can still take NPCs to SoA who have cameos there (I had Xzar talk to Xzar ) and even recruitable ones.
NPC cameo SPOILERS - following NPCs make appearances in SoA and their current status in BGT
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
  • Imoen, Minsc and Jaheira are captured with you in the starting dungeon - they will transition from BG1 with their exact stats which certainly is an upside.
  • Viconia and Edwin are recruitable in SoA - can be transported from BG to Chateau Irenicus but they seem to be missing at their regular locations in SoA if you dealt (recruited, freed) with them in BG1 even if you do not transfer them. This however does not take away the plots (stake, Mae'Var) but CLUAing them in will help to avoid plot-stoppers
  • Xzar and Montaron are involved in the early Harper plot - can be transitioned and even used as party member in respective quest (regular SoA Xzar will still be there)
  • Ajantis is one of the paladins you kill in Windspear hills - can be transitioned (don't know about plot issues as I did not take him that far)
  • Yeslick and Kivan don't appear in SoA AFAIK - can be transitioned perfectly
  • don't know transitioning for all the other but I imagine it will work like the above which is strange because many of them have "cameos" (Coran, Safana, Faldorn, Garrick, Quayle, Tiax)
[/QUOTE]yeh but i was meaning actually take the npcs through with you. I know that u get some of them in bg2 but that isnt because of trilogy, that always happens.