Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2002, 10:47 AM   #11
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Thanks Moni (sent you a e-mail [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and Attalus.
This is a personal type of post to respond to for sure.
Attlalus, I studied to be an EMT but took a different route when lifes doors opened and closed. Thanks for caring enough to follow through with your proffesion and that nice comment
Anyone else? No one is going to make light of you or tease you here. Talking about these occurances helps alot so heres your chance..
Old 03-07-2002, 11:35 AM   #12
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Good Post, \CONAN/

I don't have any "out-of-body" experiences to report, but I do have a testimony to God's loving grace and mercy.

I have a chronic illness which - by itself - is not fatal, but it can lead to fatal complications. It is called Crohn's Disease and it attacks the digestive tract - usually in the intestines.

Four years ago, the Crohn's killed my colon/large intestine and the entire thing ruptured - spilling massive contamination into my abdomen. Through a series of events, it took more than 30 hours before I was taken into an O.R. for corrective surgery. I had rampant Peritonitis throughout my system by that time.

When the surgeon came out of the O.R., he asked my wife if she believed in miracles. She told him she did and he said "That's good, because a miracle is the ONLY thing that will save him now."

I later learned that about 2/3 of the Christains in my home county had established "prayer chains" for me. (A prayer chain occurs when a large group of Christians pray simultaneously for a common objective).
I knew that I was Healed as soon as I awoke from surgery. I didn't learn about the surgeons concerns or the prayer chains until several days later. Since Attalus is a surgeon, he can probably verify how slim my chances for survival were.

This just strengthened my faith and commitment to God. He spared me for reasons of His own. Among other things, I have one beautiful, blonde-haired boy that wouldn't have been born if I had died and another one on the way. My oldest boy was only 18mos old at the time and would only have known me through pictures.

I thank God every day for the extra time and blessings He has given me.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:19 PM   #13
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

I have heard many stories of people observing their body and doctors from the top of the room.

One of the strangest ones I have heard is of a surfer, who apparently died whilst surfing. It was 15mins before someone could resussicate him. During this time he claims he went before God who then gave him another chance at life. He then changed from an athiest to a devoted Christain.

Perhaps true?
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 03-08-2002, 08:19 AM   #14
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Cerek, if you had Crohn's Disease of the colon and went that long without proper treatment, so that you developed peritonitis and sepsis, you could well have died. I have lost patients with Crohn's, before. Nasty, depressing, treacherous disease, granulomatous colitis. You should indeed be grateful to God for sparing you.
Old 03-08-2002, 08:42 PM   #15
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

*bursts in with guns smoking*

*ceases fire*

Oh terribly sorry I just do that at the drop of a hat when someone mentions Zombies!

>_>

<_<

... I had a near death experience once! yeah! I was struck by lightening and next thing I knew I was in a feild several feet away from where i was originally standing... I didn't make much note of it though because it didnt seem to hurt me and i felt alright so i just walked on home...

and that's why I wear magnetic bracelets on both hands and my wristwatch doesnt really work!

*gets hit in head with frying pan*
hmmm....
I wonder if that makes This Tape any more beliveable!

You'll notice that it goes well with a nice heapin' bowl of