Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-18-2001, 07:58 PM   #1
LordDon

Hello,
Not really a problem this time. I install the bonus disk that includes the couple of new shops to get a few special items. Doing this freezes my machine at different times like when I put my cursor on it in the start/program files//Baldurs Gate. Freezes as well at start-up. Eventually I discovered that the freeze would last 3-4 min. and all of a sudden my system was back and good as long as I did not re-start or try to click on the above short-cut. At first I simply uninstalled it and no problem. Since I don't need this in the game I don't really care. I did find however that if you have it installed, go into the game and get whatever item you want, save it then uninstall the bonus disk, you still have the special item. I mention this in case others have had similar freezes. I should also add that my machine is PIII 750 MHZ. 30gb hard drive with 256 ram and an additional 32 ram on my ATI-All-in-Wonder Rage 128 Pro Card. I have installed the entire Baldurs Gate II game which uses over 2gb of hard drive space and it runs perfectly and above my expectations. Since the bonus CD is pretty small and since I have no problem without it installed, I believe (as rare as it might be) that a small bug may be in it's content. I have tried re-installing it, and have done a sooner but regular scandisk operation and defrag. I have also done a system file check and it did find a couple of corrupt system files which I repaired but the "small" problem still exists. Small because as I indicated I don't really care if I can use it or not. And it can be used then uninstalled. This is mainly for your information if anyone else has seen the same problem.
I wish to thank all those again for the speedy and helpful responses to my prior posts.

Best Regards and great gaming to all,

Old 01-18-2001, 08:04 PM   #2
Multiple

I'm sure this has been said, but if you take a liking to any of the items on the disk, you don't need to install it.
Just use Shadowkeeper.

Old 01-18-2001, 10:14 PM   #3
Armisael

The items the bonus and collector's edition CDs give are already in the game. All they do is provide the storekeepers that actually sell them.

Old 01-19-2001, 09:36 PM   #4
LordDon

Thanks for the responses. One question. What is Shadowkeeper? Thought I knew that game a little better. Obviously not.

Old 01-19-2001, 09:46 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

ShadowKeeper is a "game enhancing" utility that allows you to modify game's global codes, character's pics, stats, items.....etc. Not recommended unless you beat the game already, kinda takes the fun out of it. But then again, it depends how much you want to "enhance" your game......