Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 12:46 AM   #1
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Here she is complaining about the sound of the Jackhammers on her unborn child and what is she doing ??? SMOKING! The jackhammers arn't going to hurt your child the smokes will!

Some people should not be able to breed!

IDIOTS!
Old 10-29-2004, 12:51 AM   #2
Spirits forever

lmao, that is indeed sad, quite literally too.. and i think u may be onto somthing ^^

Old 10-29-2004, 01:00 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Someone need to talk to her. a very serious talk.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:54 AM   #4
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Bah, well I heard that smoking is good for your baby...
*everyone looks strangly at Hivetyrant..
Ok, well maybe not. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

So let me guess, she will have the baby and blame all possible defects or problems on the council?
Old 10-29-2004, 04:50 AM   #5
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Everybody's out for the quick buck..
Old 10-29-2004, 07:57 AM   #6
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

actually the only proven effect smoking has on an unborn child is low birth weight. I am not saying it is right, so do not get on my case about it. but I did smoke with all three of my kids not because I was a bad mother or anything like that, but because it is an addiction, if any of you have ever been addicted to anything you will understand. yes smoking harms people. we all know this, but it is not easy to stop.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:41 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I'm glad you're not my mommy.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:48 AM   #8
valknova
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:

Some people should not be able to breed!

IDIOTS!
You should start a political-campaign aimed at these morons.

"If you can't Read, don't Breed!"

[ 10-29-2004, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: valknova ]
Old 10-29-2004, 09:10 AM   #9
valknova
Elite Waterdeep Guard

And since they can't read the leaflets you distribute,just stand outside their Trailers at night yelling the message thru a megaphone
Old 10-29-2004, 09:41 AM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
actually the only proven effect smoking has on an unborn child is low birth weight. I am not saying it is right, so do not get on my case about it. but I did smoke with all three of my kids not because I was a bad mother or anything like that, but because it is an addiction, if any of you have ever been addicted to anything you will understand. yes smoking harms people. we all know this, but it is not easy to stop.
It is sad to read what you just said. My mom quit cold the minute she discovered she was carrying me. Therefore, addictions can be overcome providing the proper incintive.

Also, low birth weight is not the "only" negative outcome. Low birth weight can contribute to other health problems after birth. Also, since you brought up the mention of "addiction", did you not think that the nicotine would also affect the baby in the same way? Therefore, your newborns must have suffered withdrawls from the drug, just like any other type of drug. The placenta is a very good natural barrier for many toxins and pollutions that could harm a baby, but the placenta does not stop drugs. That is why women who are pregnant cannot take any medications during the first trimester, and are limited to just Tylenol during the remainder of the pregnancy, unless consulted by a doctor.

Please do not ever let on to anyone that such behavior is even remotely acceptable.

I apologize for the rant. You hit a sensitive nerve.