Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-25-2001, 06:34 PM   #1
Jolly Pirate
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I must say I was disappointed to see Jaheira, Minsc, and Imoen at the very beginning of the game. Aaarrrggghhhhh!!!!!!! What is Bioware trying to do, inflict the lamest NPCs from BG1 on us?

I immediately backed up and started a multiplayer game with my own characters instead, as a single player game.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:34 PM   #2
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

Jaheira and Imoen are SUPPOSED to be with you, and Khalid, but he died. Jaheira and Khalid because the swore to protect the pc and Imoen, well you know

but Minsc? i dont know bout that one
Old 10-25-2001, 07:41 PM   #3
Jolly Pirate
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Barloc:
Jaheira and Imoen are SUPPOSED to be with you, and Khalid, but he died. Jaheira and Khalid because the swore to protect the pc and Imoen, well you know

but Minsc? i dont know bout that one

They tried to adventure with me, but I told them to buzz off
Old 10-25-2001, 07:50 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

look, they are the NPCs that the vast majority of people take (at least for a while, at least for the first game). i mean, imoen you just cant avoid, jah and kahlid you are heavily influenced to take. Minsc is really good and wondering around in Nashkel, making him a natural choice. dynaheir you have to have if you take minsc.

coincidentaly (or not) this makes a good, balaced party.

you can get rid of them if you wish, there ARE other NPCs in the game. but since most people took them in BG!, and most people would wnat to keep the same party, they includeed them. and they are not lame. well khalid was, but even he was decent with the gauntlets of ogre power.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:53 PM   #5
Jim
Quintesson

Jaheria can be a very effective fighter and see has some awesome summoning spells, especially when se hits level 15 druid. Staff of the woodlands suits her very nicely as does the wicked staff of the ram +6. Imoen is your sister and plays a vital role in the game. Minsc is the second strongest NPC in the whole of the realms (second to Sarevok) making him a mighty warrior. He also has some damn funny dialog.