Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 06:19 AM   #11
Zink Whistlefly

Quick update - I bought and installed this and (although I haven't got very far into it yet) it's impressive stuff. I enjoyed Kingmaker but somehow it all just felt a little tachy. This module seems extremely well polished, with atmosphere, music and voice acting all being top notch.

I'll update when I've played right through it.
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:46 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've downloaded this as well and will be checking it out shortly.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:30 PM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just past the first stange, I'll have to say this is well and truly the best downloadable mod I've ever played. It feels like a ROLEPLAYING mod - Bio did very well with this. Lots of great content that they'll be releasing too!

[ 07-03-2005, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 07-03-2005, 11:34 PM   #14
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

How much is it in Aussie Dollars Mem's ?
Old 07-06-2005, 04:00 PM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I think I paid $13 or something. I'm about 3/4 of the way through, it's a fantastic roleplaying module, heaps of stuff to do, you can get a party together (sort of), it's as good as HotU albeit shorter. And there's heaps of new eyecandy.

Old 08-30-2005, 09:58 AM   #16
Zink Whistlefly

Well I've finally played right through now, and what a classy mod! Great dialogue, voice acting and music. Really felt polished indeed. There were a few areas which felt a little shoddy though - most particularly having to fight "Hungry Seagulls" which appeared as "Challenging" to my level 8 character. Great sense of humour right through this one .

I agree with M in that is was as good as HoTU (even have a smithy to upgrade weapons (keen/elemental damage etc) as in HoTU), and all of the conversations seems to be handled better than in any other mod/expansion I've played. Trying to persuade/bluff/intimidate people for example gives you the roll against vs the DC after you failed/were successful, and rather than being able to continuously try again until successful (which kind of makes a mockery of the persuade/bluff/intimidate skills) the DC is raised by about 5 each time making you less and less likely to succeed after failing, but whilst not ruling out the possibility.

Good stuff indeed!

[ 08-30-2005, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Zink Whistlefly ]
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:00 AM   #17
Ale_beer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have just started playing Pirates of the sword coast and am thoroughly enjoying it, im up to the deserted island which is totally awesome concept.

I hope the other premium modules are as good as this one.
Ale_beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 06:23 PM   #18
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

SPOILERS:

######

######

My only real problems with this mod were that a) it was too short, and b) they really should have split it into two like they did with SoU (but only if they'd made it a bit longer) and c) it was a tad too predictable for my tastes, somewhat too linear, and the 'villain(ess)' - well, where was the romance? The love? The naiveté is there, for sure, but...

I also feel that they didn't put enough character development into it. For instance, 'bonding with your crew', or lack therefore of, but most of all, I wanted to SAIL PLACES. *wail*. You finally get your crew, you finally get a boat... and then... then it ends! Gah! What about all those charts you could buy? What about all these tropical islands? Where's the booty? The pillage? The looting? The chance to overrun towns, become governer, or sea fights? *sniffle*. I was so looking forward to being able to board ships, or raid towns.

Aside from that, the mod is excellent. I'd give it four thumbs up if I had four, and overall, I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10. I must say, I enjoyed it far more than, well, any of the original campaigns

SPOILER

With the exception of HotU Chapter 2: Defending the City... - that was something I enjoyed immensely and is my all time favourite part of NWNs -

- but aside from that, I put it up in the top five of my all time five favourite mods/campagins for NWNs [img]smile.gif[/img] . In fact, the only thing sitting beside it would be “Aribeth's Revival”, but… definitely my favourite. The Undead part was a very nice twist to it, although… if you export that character and use it to play in other mods… well, shall we say, ‘race: Undead’. It can be a bit overpowering, but still fun to play with – role-play-wise as well as power-gaming. I wouldn’t recommend it for a first time run-through of any mods though. The regenerate 6hp is a bit much [img]tongue.gif[/img] . But overall, definitely 9.5 out of 10 [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Here’s hoping they make a sequel! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote