Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 12-02-2002, 02:42 PM   #1
Debaser

Ok...I am interested in hosting games online, but the problem seems to be that my firewall does not allow people to join my games.

How can I remedy this? I have a cable internet connection through a router, and one comp. in the house acts as a server. Is there some way I can mess with the ports or something so I can finally host some online games and have people be able to join them??
Old 12-02-2002, 03:04 PM   #2
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Here is what you need to do. This is from http://nwn.bioware.com/support/techfaq.html

Any other question please ask.

Granamere

1.03 How can I play through a Firewall?

If you are trying to play through a firewall of some sort, here is some information for you to help you get connected. Neverwinter Nights uses UDP, not TCP for its connections. If you think that your firewall is preventing you from connecting to the game servers, please make sure that the following ports are open:

Ports 5120 through 5300
Port 6500
Port 27900
Port 28900
In addition to opening the ports listed above, you may need to allow incoming connections on the port you are running your server on (5121 by default) and forward those connections to the computer running the server.

If your server does not appear on the GameSpy game list:

Verify that it is does not appear for other users. It may not be appearing for you because your game is published by your external IP address, this address may not be valid from inside your firewall.
Verify that the server is accessible from the Internet, have a friend Direct Connect using your external IP address (ie not 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.*.*, these are local addresses).
If you are starting your module from the command line of the Windows or Linux dedicated server, try starting it from within the application.
If your module is very large or contains very large areas, try breaking it up into smaller pieces.
If you are wanting to make sure that your NAT is set up to allow the game to play here are some details.

Outgoing packets

Source port: 5120-5129
Destination port: 5121-5300
Incoming packets

Source port: 5121-5300
Destination port: 5120-5129
On the Game Client side, here are some changes to make things go better. Go to your nwnplayer.ini file in your Neverwinter Nights install directory, and find the following section:

[Profile]
Client Port=XXXX

Our suggestion is to change XXXX to 5120.
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 09:01 PM   #3
Debaser

Granamere, wow, thank you ever so much.

If anything else comes up, I'll let you know. But that should take care of it! [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img]