Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 11-27-2002, 05:45 AM   #1
Grungi
Banned User

just started my first char on nwn, im now level 3 and just stepping out into the market square for the first time, wondering is there a point to any of the books i looted from the training school, i took everything i could find [img]tongue.gif[/img] will i need any of them for quests in the future and if so which ones? or should i just sell em all first chance i get.
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 06:20 AM   #2
Heartless Butterscotch
The Magister

Books are around for atmosphere mostly. They're useful for learning about local history etc.

However, some books must be retrieved to complete quests. Certain people will let you know about which books to collect. For now, I'd just drop the books in a pile somewhere and come back to them if you need to.

[ 11-27-2002, 06:20 AM: Message edited by: Heartless Butterscotch ]
Heartless Butterscotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 11:54 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Or sell them for quick cash. Some books will have multiple copies of itself throughout the game. Enjoy the read, and ditch them. You'll know which ones are special and are to be kept.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:34 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
You'll know which ones are special and are to be kept.
Exactly! Most of the books look the same and sell for 1GP. They're good reading, but they aren't important to the game, and their appearence is generic.

The "fancy" books, made of nice brown leather with decorations, are almost always important enough to keep. The few of these you don't have to keep/use contain important game information.

Those you collected in the beginning are the generic kind.

[ 11-27-2002, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 11-28-2002, 08:41 AM   #5
Grungi
Banned User

im a compulsive looter (not quite a kleptomaniac [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) so i grab em, but i sold em all now for the pitiful 1 gp i get out of it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote