Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 09:18 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Is it possible to further enchance the graphics in the game? I have all the graphics settings maxed out.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:24 PM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

If you got it maxed out I don't see how you can do anymore unless you got a significantly better video card. However, graphics are also determined by the game engine which is out of our hands at this end. Are you having issues? What kind of video card do you have?
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 11:18 AM   #3
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ati Radeon 9700, with 768 ram. I have no issues, except that the graphics suck iron monkey lungs.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:59 PM   #4
dominions
Elminster

Well if you have it on max resolution, have high res fonts on, skyboxes on, etc. then Albromor is right: there is nothing more that you can do. Personally I don't have a problem with the graphics.
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:32 AM   #5
Zink Whistlefly

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
Ati Radeon 9700, with 768 ram. I have no issues, except that the graphics suck iron monkey lungs.
You've got to remember this game is getting on for 3 years old now, so you can't expect too much from it graphically against some of the later titles available.

The 9700 Pro is an excellent card, and can easily handle everything being maxed out.

You say you've already maxed things out, but have you enabled some Anti Aliasing? That will hurt frame rate a little but should smooth things off nicely. You can enable the AA in game, or you can do it from the Catalyst Control Panel/Centre. 4x should be sufficient. You may as well turn on some Anistrophic Filtering too, which will crispen off the textures significantly. Try setting that to 8x.

Once you've done that that's as pretty as you're going to get, just make sure your res is bumped up a little, and you can edit the nwn.ini file to add a special level of violence, although you may not wish that.
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:38 AM   #6
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Quote:
Originally posted by Zink Whistlefly:
and you can edit the nwn.ini file to add a special level of violence, although you may not wish that.
Ooh, how? I've had a look and can't see any obvious lines to edit - do we have to add another line?
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:54 AM   #7
Zink Whistlefly

Quote:
Originally posted by shamrock_uk:
quote:
Originally posted by Zink Whistlefly:
and you can edit the nwn.ini file to add a special level of violence, although you may not wish that.
Ooh, how? I've had a look and can't see any obvious lines to edit - do we have to add another line? [/QUOTE]Just had a look and you need to do the following:

Open the nwnplayer.ini (sorry I said nwn.ini file) file and change Memory Level=1 to Memory Level=2 and Memory Access=1 to Memory Access=2. If you then start NWN and enter the options menu, you should be able to slide the violence scale to "special", which then makes rather large, chunky, messy explosions when you score critical hits etc.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:47 AM   #8
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Thanks very much! [img]smile.gif[/img]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 11:07 AM   #9
Zink Whistlefly

Quote:
Originally posted by shamrock_uk:
Thanks very much! [img]smile.gif[/img]
No worries!

Enjoy
Old 03-24-2005, 06:55 PM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I've got my violence set to special, and I didn't have to change anything but the slider, it's under the advanced options, video??, and you can change it in game.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote