Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-29-2001, 03:53 AM   #1
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Does anyone think that the GD forum is flooded with cafes, pubs, bars, pits, buildings, castles, clan threads and the like? Every third thread is some sort of RP-thread or cafe or conversation zone or something..

Its not like I have a problem with such things, but doesnt anyone think this is too much? There are hardly any decent discussions on the GD anymore because everyone's just caught up in making new threads for people to talk, RP etc. Cloudy's Cafe thread has been around forever, so why do so many people feel the urge to have 3 other threads just to talk about nothing in particular? Same goes for all the RP threads..

Oh wait I just realised that its not General Discussions, but General Conversation..so does that mean there's a separate forum for serious discussion/debate/conversation on anything Unrelated to the War?

This issint a flame against people creating/posting in such threads, its a rant for people who dont want to post in such things. It seems that I've run out of choice.

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-29-2001, 04:14 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

maybe this is the way things should be?

considering how much more members we just gained
things do change, join the fun, buddy
Old 10-29-2001, 04:15 AM   #3
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Hah 250 I fear I have been left behind in all this commotion! No way I'm gonna join and keep up with a thread with..I dont know 6-7 pages..
Too much work, and too low-brow for mineself
I wish Dio were still around to start some really interesting threads..

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-29-2001, 08:18 AM   #4
Lifetime
Red Dragon

BUMP!
Come on! Is 250 the only one who has an opinion on this?

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-29-2001, 08:25 AM   #5
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Does anyone think that the GD forum is flooded with cafes, pubs, bars, pits, buildings, castles, clan threads and the like? Every third thread is some sort of RP-thread or cafe or conversation zone or something..

Its not like I have a problem with such things, but doesnt anyone think this is too much? There are hardly any decent discussions on the GD anymore because everyone's just caught up in making new threads for people to talk, RP etc. Cloudy's Cafe thread has been around forever, so why do so many people feel the urge to have 3 other threads just to talk about nothing in particular? Same goes for all the RP threads..

Oh wait I just realised that its not General Discussions, but General Conversation..so does that mean there's a separate forum for serious discussion/debate/conversation on anything Unrelated to the War?

This issint a flame against people creating/posting in such threads, its a rant for people who dont want to post in such things. It seems that I've run out of choice.

Okay, Lifetime, you wanted opinions. I disagree wholeheartedly that there are too many threads having to do with meeting places. We are a society that thrives in gathering in niches of sorts. When there is a messageboard with just subjects, its becomes an uncomfortable place for me. I sometimes need to share what happened to me during the weekend and I like to do that with my friends. I sometimes use this board to blow off steam or to share a joke. Granted, I don't seek out the joke thread to do that. I might do it in my clan thread. Why? Because I know that the people who usually read that thread may be amused and might comment on it. I care if they are amused. As for "decent discussions", I've seen plenty of them, but its my perspective that I speak from. You have a different point of view and I respect that. It's just that I don't share it.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
    [This message has been edited by Hiram Sedai (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 08:33 AM   #6
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Nor do I, Lifetime. No attack on you for your opinion, but I also like these threads. Gives the place that 'home' feeling. When I want to see who's about, I go to Cloudy's. But there's no 'alcohol' or 'fighting' allowed in there. For that kind of stuff, I like LS's bar or PB's. Then, I role play and catch up with my Clan in my clan thread. Also, I have friends in the ALSB and I might pop in there to say 'hi' as they don't usually read my clan's thread. You see? I think it's great. And if you have a serious discussion you'd like to have, post a thread and those who want to be serious will go there and have a serious discussion.

I look forward to any serious discussions you may wish to have.

Until such time...join in the merriment and

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-29-2001, 08:34 AM   #7
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:

You are not alone in this Lifetime. I hear you. Of course I have not been posting many meaningful threads of late, except on the dreaded War Forum.

So just start some good threads and I'll try to support the threads with meaningful answers!

------------------
Still The Most Humbly Prideful (?) Member Of The Illuminati!

Mark
Old 10-29-2001, 11:16 AM   #8
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Hiram and Dragonmage, I'm not saying that I dislike those clan threads or the like..they're pretty fun, if a little exclusive.
And try as I might skywalker, I cant think of anything interesting to post
I've just beaten myself at whatever I set out to do. Now I feel silly

Somehow I feel that posting an opinion, or a contraversial topic here will get people hurt/offended/unhappy thinking that its an attack on their beliefs. I've never seen such a diverse amount of opinions, lifestyles, characters, personalities anywhere in my life. I'd just like to hear from those things more often..

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-29-2001, 11:31 AM   #9
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Well, Lifetime, just be a bit careful in how you word the topic (once you think of one, LOL). I have no problem with controversial topics (although if it's about the 'war' it has to go on that forum). I don't get offended easily. If you think of something serious you want to talk about, post it. We will all do our best to respond with honesty and integrity, respecting your opinion and sharing ours.

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-29-2001, 12:00 PM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I represent the One-Eyed Wolf Threads...
We have been told by Ziroc to stop at 150 posts and begin a new thread.
Our story is highly detailed, and very exciting to us.
We just now added two new players to our game.
I think we were voted as the hardest RPG to join, for a good reason.
95% of all conversation in our threads are story plot, and we do not allow for spammers to just come in and rant...
I hope we are viewed as law-abiding members on this forum, as I have been led to believe we are.

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF
Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.