Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2001, 03:57 PM   #21
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Cheetah do purr and preen. She like nice peoples who say lovely things.... Your 'naked cheetahmorph' image just made me splutter putter....

By the way, I have sent 'THE TEST' to DragonMage, Dio and Ramon, so you don't have to. Now we wait in eager anticippppppp ation for their scores.

Thanks, saves me from screwing it up tonight...

------------------

Old 09-27-2001, 04:19 PM   #22
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
To quote DragonMage, you are too much, and too much is just enough!

[/B]
I disagree. Too much is never enough
Old 09-27-2001, 04:33 PM   #23
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Hey, let's hope you're of the same mind after I've dragged you all round Brighton Sea, and Pavilion, and Pier, and Tea at the Grand Hotel (with a very old pianist who bows if you clap), and my Studio, and the Forest, and the Other Pier (which is horrible), and ooh, loads of things! (And the cafe with the mega cakes )

------------------

Ascended Mistress of Illumination
Old 09-27-2001, 04:44 PM   #24
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Right you are! I'm becoming far too conservative in my advanced decrepitude.
On, on, to excess! Carpe Noctem!

------------------

Old 09-27-2001, 04:46 PM   #25
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I never knew that there were THIS many wiccans around, I thought you were a religion without many followers, but judging from the amount of wiccans I meet on the web, there must be lots of you, I'm partially wiccan myself, I believe in the christian god and in Jesus, but I follow the wiccan "Do what you want, as long as it harms noone" and I believe that whatever you do is returned to you three-fold.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy

General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department and Jumprope Compound in the IW Peacekeeping Force.

I've also got a pretty long sig.
Old 09-27-2001, 04:49 PM   #26
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Back to the original topic!

How can we support 'christian' prayer in school when our nation is all about diversity? We cannot allow the desires of the majority (christians) to override the rights of the minority (muslims, jews, atheists...)!

Sure our country may have phrases like "In God we trust" and "One Nation under God" but again these are supported by the majority, but not everyone.

One way to look at this issue is from the minority perspective. The issue is not about the majority having the right to pray (they do) just not in a mixed belief crowd, b/c that is discriminating against those that do practice the majority belief (Christianity).

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-27-2001, 04:49 PM   #27
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Hey, let's hope you're of the same mind after I've dragged you all round Brighton Sea, and Pavilion, and Pier, and Tea at the Grand Hotel (with a very old pianist who bows if you clap), and my Studio, and the Forest, and the Other Pier (which is horrible), and ooh, loads of things! (And the cafe with the mega cakes )

[0/QUOTE]

I am quite positive I will only want more

Old 09-27-2001, 04:49 PM   #28
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I never knew that there were THIS many wiccans around, I thought you were a religion without many followers, but judging from the amount of wiccans I meet on the web, there must be lots of you, I'm partially wiccan myself, I believe in the christian god and in Jesus, but I follow the wiccan "Do what you want, as long as it harms noone" and I believe that whatever you do is returned to you three-fold.

I'm not formally a wiccan. More of a wicked witch who likes green pointy things (as long as they're not gangrenous, that is)...

------------------

Ascended Mistress of Illumination
Old 09-27-2001, 04:50 PM   #29
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

Well, then, good thing we are in the same clan! Well, met brother! I have posted on more than one occasion my faith as being Christian blended with Wiccan and along the same lines as what you combine! Rare indeed!

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Owner/operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Honored to be a member of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

"Allright! We'll call it a draw."
Old 09-27-2001, 04:52 PM   #30
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
Oh I don't think the States are all that bad. I went to Maine last month and had a fantastic time. A lot of Americans don't realise how nice their own country is. I've been to every continent of the world and find the US one of the best

Thanks for sharing that Alex.

Too often it is easy to take one's own surroundings for granted.