Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2001, 09:49 PM   #1
Lioness
Jack Burton

Ok, I'm posting this thread as a place to blab about our fav kitties, and of course, Ironworks own pet, Chocolate. I myself have four kitties, and they are:

1. Tiger: 2 yrs old, a very round ball of fur, cuddly and cute, but extremely mischevious, like a wolf in sheeps clothing.
2. Sidney: 16 yrs old, an absolute darling, but could do to lose a LOT of weight. Loves being with people, but loves food more.
3. Cubby: A streetwise stray, 2-4 yrs old, cuddly to the point of being pushy, and has a strange obsession with my hair. Scared to death of Tig and Sid, maybe cuz they are twice his size.
4. Cleopatra(Cleo): Adores people, will jump on your lap in a minute, but is aloof and distant with other cats. Will not tolerate Tiger's pranks, and lets him know it.

ok, so you can talk about your fav feline, or tell us a story about them, or begin a story about Choc, whatever.

KittyLioness

------------------

Official teaser and ranger of the HADB Clan
"Evil round every corner...careful not to step in any."-Minsc
"Gimme a sword, I'll win this war for you!"-Mad Martigan

[This message has been edited by Lioness (edited 07-12-2001).]
Old 07-12-2001, 10:12 PM   #2
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Is that a siamese? cool cats.
I especially like tigers and tigones, (from i believe stephen hawkes' books tribe of one trilogy, which has psionic cats)

------------------
Will the real cheesy lich stop using timestop, stop using time stop, YEAH BABY! :1diablo:

Old 07-12-2001, 10:15 PM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

Yes, I think so. Thats Ziroc's cat Chocolate, the real power behind Ironworks, of course. Welcome to the club, Gwhanos!

------------------

Old 07-12-2001, 10:46 PM   #4
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

put a quote in your sig that has this phrase from me:
I am great.... start bowin'

------------------
Will the real cheesy lich stop using timestop, stop using time stop, YEAH BABY! :1diablo:

Old 07-12-2001, 11:19 PM   #5
Lioness
Jack Burton

thanx for the advice...I think?
fine, here it is...testing

------------------

Official teaser and ranger of the HADB Clan "I am great...start bowin'"
Old 07-12-2001, 11:24 PM   #6
Moni

You should know better Lioness...I have ten cats to talk about!
I'll just post a link to my page again and give a small description of their unique personalities. Your cats sound like precious bundles of fun

See My Cats Here

I'll start with the youngest ones and work my way up since that is the order they are featured in on my page. (taking a deep breath as I ready myself to type LOL)

The three babies, all one year old in March of this year are:

Captain Marmalade: Named so for the orange lightning bolt strip on her forehead. Possessed the "super power" of 'Snot Blowing' as a kitten but has thankfully learned other ways of getting attention. Known as Lil Miss Marmie and The Queen of Pitiful Meows, she is the perfect little sister...all charm and trouble and a tattle tale to boot.

Mr. Snuggles: A snuggler and a drooler, he is all love, trust and gentle play.

Tiger More often called Tigah, he is the fearless one, the explorer and the dog stalker. Considers me to be his best friend in the world and often tags along with me outside to participate in whatever project I am attempting to complete. A momma's boy at heart, his best moments are spent wrapped in his mother's paws with her licking his head while he snoozes.

Sweety Pie: Almost two years old. Older brother to the above three, his name matches his demeanor. All sweetness and love but a Ninja in disguise. Nicknamed Black Lightnin', he knows all the dirty tricks of catfighting and can pull them off faster than anyone can see them coming.

Seven Named so because she was the seventh cat taken in and we were just out of names. Hey she answers to it LOL!
Mother to the above four whose age is unknown, it took a full year to gain her trust enough to get her to come in the house. After that, she turned into a couch slug and refused to go back outside unless I went with her. Now, she is an indoor/outdoor cat, coming and going as she pleases. Her favorite pastime is sitting at my side being petted (she is on my desk right now, purring away and waiting patiently on me to finish typing so that I can turn my attention back to her)

Boo: Almost two years old. Named for the affectionate slang for boyfriend/girlfriend, he is my Boo. Rescued near death at three months old, I shoved pills down his throat for two weeks to keep him alive and he considers me to be his personal property. Jealous and potentially mean at 14+ lbs he is the terror of all the other cats when it comes to playing or giving up anything he wants. Called Ghengis Boo on his bad days and Boo Ghandi on his good ones, you never know which one you are going to get.

The elders, include brother and sister Bubba and Hillary and their cousins William and Maggie, all of which are around 8 years old.

Bubba: Stick Bubba in a pair of demin overhauls and put a wheat twig in between his lips and there you go...he's a Bubba. He lays around and watches TV all day long and only moves to eat and go out to the bathroom. He also weighs 14+ lbs.

Hillary: Having a severe social anxiety disorder, nothing more of Hillary is ever seen beyond a white flash streaking from one room to the next unless she gets caught between the rain outside and the other cats too close to the door for her to pass. Then she'll sit and cry until I come carry her into Grandpa's rooms where she considers herself safe.

Maggie: Another sufferer of social anxiety disorder, Maggie is starting to socialize more with me and the rest of the cats but still keeps a distance. Captain Marmalade used to follow her around and bat at her tail just to get her goat but once (after many months of this endless torture) Maggie had enough and waylaid Lil Miss Marmie for it. Since then she has been shown the respect she deserves.

William: Very territorial, William has had to learn to share his space with six other unwelcome cats (Boo, Sweety Pie, Seven, and the kids). He looks and acts hateful half the time and appears to be lonely and jealous the other half of the time. He wants to play with them now but spent so long being such a terror that his actions may not be redeemable by the others who can really hold a grudge! Boo has forgiven him and Boo got the worse of William's wrath by having his right ear split! But, then too, Boo gave it all back to him when he matured by cutting Williams face so bad that he nearly lost an eye and William keeps his distance from Boo now, even when Boo begs him to play.

Whew! Now to massage my tired lil fingers! I guess scrtiching Seven will make them feel better...she looks as if she is ready to take them off my hands if I don't stop and get back to her.

Moni

------------------

Old 07-12-2001, 11:28 PM   #7
Lioness
Jack Burton

Thanx Moni, they sound precious!
You are the official winner of the Let's See How Many Cats We Can Have Award! Congratulations!!!!
Welcome to the Club!

------------------

"I am great...start bowin'"
heeheeheeheehee
Old 07-13-2001, 12:04 AM   #8
Moni

LOL! Thank you! Thank you!
I feel so cool now!

Here is a pic I just uploaded of two more kitties we rescued over the last year:
Jenny lives with Rex's parents and has for almost a year and E V is soon to be her new playmate.
Jenny is sweet, demure and well mannered. E V is just a bundle of energy! When he falls asleep, we dare not touch him for fear of having to play for a few more hours until he passes out again.

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 07-13-2001).]

Old 07-13-2001, 03:28 AM   #9
catman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have to add my two cents on the subject (partial to cats if you can't tell from the username
We have on cat named Tipsy (umm, he was abit wobbly when first born..the name stuck), he was born in a my firestation to a momma cat we had adopted (well in reality she adopted us) about a month before. His brothers and sisters all went to other homes, but I was able to watch him come out so just had to take him . So anyways..thats his story. I've had two sealpoint siamese in the past, so I appreciate the wink

(oh..btw.. hi all..nice to be a member of the board..)
Old 07-13-2001, 03:38 AM   #10
Djinn Raffo
Ra

...And the clouds parted forming a vortex of swirling
gases and brilliant colours. Holy light issued forth
from the portal and a thousand armed blue skinned entity
ushered forth riding an ancient tortoise that had the
head of a tiger...
...The music of heaven framed the scene and i remember
taking a photograph. The being reached into a leather
saddlebag and pulled out an all black kitten with a
red collar...
...The kitten sauntered over to me all the while holding
my gaze. The tiny craters of earth left by his pawprints
filled with mercury and there was a solar eclipse...
...The blue skinned deity was gone and the precious
black cat dubbed by Heaven: Sid, Beloved of the Gods and
Destiny of the System. The world would never be the same again...

Side note...
For the past week Sid has been on top of the fridge
cause there has been a big black dog hangin around the yard...