Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2001, 04:10 PM   #11
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Interesting question. I drive a lot for my job, all over north central Minnesota. I love having my music along, or a good book on tape. However, do they affect my driving? It's hard to say ... since I already have a tendency to like to speed. When I purchased my car it had to have cruise control so I can set it and not worry about my lead foot. We all know how the police in those little tiny towns love to increase city revenue by ticketing speeders!!!

So my answer is ... errrr... maybe?

Welcome to Ironworks Man of Rohan!!

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 07-21-2001).]
Old 07-21-2001, 04:44 PM   #12
Moni

Hello and Welcome Man of Rohan!

I'll admit thatt listening to fast music influenced the speed at which I maintained when I was younger but now, living in newer surroundings where drivers are not as nice as where I came from, I tend to keep the radio tuned in to classical stations to help me maintain some calm while trying to deal with too many a$$holes behind the wheel while I try to maintain the speed limit.

Out on the open road though, classical, rock, or total silence, I'll go as fast as the car and roads allow me to because I have confidence in my many years behind the wheel with no accidents. Not to say that one will never happen...I have had a blow out at 60 mph that threw my truck into oncoming traffic (a semi truck) on a two lane highway in BFE, Indiana...so close that I closed my eyes while I turned back into my lane, thinking I was toast. There's always that one millisecond when no matter how fast or slow you are going, there is not going to be a derned thing you can do to stop it.

Moni

------------------

Old 07-21-2001, 05:45 PM   #13
Man of Rohan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks guys for all the great responses! Kinda took a gamble on this thread, but I suppose I should stop being silent (I suppose you call guys like me lurkers LMAO). As for myself, I definitely feel less inhibited while listening to heavy or fast music, and slower (read: calmer) while listening to classical. Same thing as ladyzekke. Thanks for the welcome cloudy!