Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2002, 05:09 AM   #1
D*Ranged

I downloaded a few pics from Kitiara's palace of portraits and they won't show in BGII custom screen at all!!!!!!!!!! I changed some of them from JPEG files to BMP. files AND THEY STILL REFUSE TO SHOW UP UNDER MY BGII CUSTOM PORTRAIT MENU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL LLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 01-07-2002, 05:17 AM   #2
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by D*Ranged:
I downloaded a few pics from Kitiara's palace of portraits and they won't show in BGII custom screen at all!!!!!!!!!! I changed some of them from JPEG files to BMP. files AND THEY STILL REFUSE TO SHOW UP UNDER MY BGII CUSTOM PORTRAIT MENU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL LLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Lol
I've been as frustrated as you before. Make sure the pictures are the right size first. I had the same problem as you before. Make sure to re-open them in another paint program and save them under a different .bmp name. What ended up being my problem, was when I copied the files and then transfered them to .bmp format, the .bmp got doubled. It was pic1.bmp.bmp and the game refused to read them. After I renamed them, they worked fine. Remember to restart your game once you have added your pictures. Good luck.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 05:24 AM   #3
D*Ranged

thx, now ill try that...if it doesn't work, then another suggestion is ALWAYS welcome. (Not to be arrogant or anything...k?)
Old 01-07-2002, 05:29 AM   #4
D*Ranged

AND it isn't. Does anyone know what the case is if it ain't bmp. doubled?
Old 01-07-2002, 05:35 AM   #5
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Sorry mate. If you zip up the two you are trying to use and send them to me, I'll see if I can figure it out.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 10:43 AM   #6
Suzaku
Drow Warrior

You did put them in the Portraits portfolio in Black Isle folder right!?!? Thats all I can think of.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:53 AM   #7
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Aren't the names of the files too long? They're only supposed to be 8 or so characters long. Not counting the .bmp-extension of course.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 01:38 PM   #8
Jerhal
Dungeon Master

If you have SOA running in the background when you put new pics in, they won't show up until you restart the game.

Also when you find a pic you want at kirith.com, double click on it then double click on either the large or the small photo...the picture that then loads into your browser is the bitmap image.