Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 07-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #1
Gavindale
The Magister

Default Icewind Dale and it's expansion pack

I posted a few minutes ago on the Baldur's Gate forum about how in Icewind Dale, the player is supposed to start the expansion no later than the quest for the badges. Do I have this right? For some reason I thought that the expansion for Icewind Dale needs to be started at the Badges quest.
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Default Re: Icewind Dale and it's expansion pack

Depends what you mean by "quest for badges".

You can start the expansion after you start hunting for badges and even after you've collected all of them. However, you can't start it after you go to the final area.

Note that you need to be a high enough level to be transported. I believe it's around 9.

Also note that alternatively you can finish all of IWD vanilla areas first, including the final area and final fight. After that you could export your characters and play a expansion-only game with these imported characters.