Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
Malthaussen
Manshoon

Default Long time no play

Just started a new game of IWD after many years. Odd things are happening, I wonder why. In the Eye of the Serpant, when I confronted the Lizard King on the first level, all of his minions sided with me before I attacked him, which made short work of that battle! Then when he was dead, they all attacked me. I wonder if this is one of the bugs the patch fixed? According to the Readme, I have version 1.06, and the chitin is dated 6/22/2000; but according to the load screen I have version 1.03.06 et seq. It's interesting to play again, since I've just about totally forgotten everything and am virtually starting fresh.

-- Mal
Old 10-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Long time no play

The other lizardmen became friendly, as in green circles under their feet? I have never heard of that bug before. Do you have a save game from before that battle? Do you recall anything you might have cast or said in the dialogue?

You mention that you have patch 1.06. Did you also install Heart of Winter, its patch, or Trials of the Luremaster?

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
Malthaussen
Manshoon

Default Re: Long time no play

Looking at a walkthrough at Sorceror's Place, it appears that it the player cleans out the whole level before taking on the Lizard King, his minions become friendly (yes, green circles under them) for the fight with him, then turn hostile. However, I don't think this is the actual explanation, because earlier on the level when I was fighting some lizardmen, I got messages that lizardmen were attacking lizardmen. I'm not sure what's going on here, I don't recall this happening before.
I don't have expansions installed, so the 1.06 patch is appropriate.
On the save screen, I get v 1.3.062915 for the version number. Nevertheless, it appears this is the patched version, because the cheat console works. I've still gotten the bug where Egenia disappears, though -- I thought that was fixed. And I couldn't find bloody Sheemish anywhere.

-- Mal

Last edited by Malthaussen; 10-05-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: additional information
Malthaussen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Long time no play

If you have NearInfinity you can use it to decompress those area files from your saved game and examine the scripts to see what is happening. If you don't have that utility or aren't familiar with doing that, e-mail your saved game to me and I'll look into it. I have never heard of the lizardmen turning green before.

Egenia disappearing does happen, though. After you clear the pyramid she might jump over near the passage down to the next level, but she never goes back to Kuldahar, even after you free all the villagers and completely clear Dragon's Eye.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote