Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2003, 07:08 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Click Here.

I have nothing to say if not one makes you at least smile.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:24 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

On a side note, I need to find out the 2nd Edition statistics for the Staff of the Magi. It is ironic, but the web is overflooded with mentions of the SotM, and trying to retrieve the information I need is virtually in vain.

Note, the original statistics for the SotM, not any variant. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:25 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

ROFLMAO! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]
Especially the one about the dragon "Emberburn" is hysterical!
Old 09-06-2003, 07:41 AM   #4
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

TOP 10 DOWNSIDES OF BEING A WIZARD

10. Long expeditions in dungeons make even umber hulks look sexy.

9. Constantly have to explain you are wearing a robe and NOT a dress(!).

8. Always losing games, lackluster fans, haven`t made the playoffs in over 10 years, overshadowed by Michael Jordan`s presence. Oh, I`m sorry, that`s Top 10 Downsides of being a Washington Wizard.

7. Have the least amount of hit points out of all of your friends.

6. Chicks dig swords, not wands.

5. Prismatic light spell attracts moths.

4. Crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of their women, gets old after a while.

3. Insensitive taunts of "Rasputin".

2. Can cast fireball and lightening bolt spells, but still can`t impress Britney Spears.

1. When telepathic powers let you see people's impure thoughts of Wolf Blitzer.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:47 AM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

OMG, some of those things are really funny.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:39 AM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

[img]graemlins/1drinkspit.gif[/img] Note to self: Never read that siate when you're drinking freshly made coffee. Hilarious Dundee. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2003, 03:09 PM   #7
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Great site, Dundee. "Do these boots go with this tunic." I'm so using that next time with my chaotic neutral dwarf cleric. Fun site.

Anyway, 2nd Edition Staff of the Magi? From the DM Guide:

Quote:
Staff of the Magi: This potent staff contains many spell powers and other functions. Some of its powers drain charges; others don't. The following powers do not drain charges:
  • detect magic
  • enlarge
  • hold portal
  • light
  • protection from evil/good
The following powers drain one charge per usage
  • invisibility
  • fireball
  • knock
  • lightning bolt
  • pyrotechnics
  • ice storm
  • web
  • wall of fire
  • dispel magic
  • passwall
These powers drain two charges per usage
  • whirlwind (the whirlwind is identical to that caused by a genie)
  • conjure elemental (the staff can be used to summon one 8HD elemental each per day)
  • plane travel
  • telekinesis (8th level: 200 lbs max)
The staff of the magi adds a +2 bonus to all saving throws vs spell. It can be used to absorb wizard spell energy directed at its wielder, but if the staff absorbs energy beyond its charge limit, it will explode as if a retributive strike (see below) had been made. The spell levels of energy absorbed count only as recharging the staff, but they cannot be redirected immediately, so if absorption is desired, that is the only action possible by the staff wielder that round. Note also that the wielder has no idea how many spell levels as a rod of absorption does. Absorbing spells is risky, but absorption is the only way this staff can be recharged.
Retributive strike is a breaking of the staff. It must be purposeful and declared by the wizard wielding it. When this is done, all levels of spell energy in the staff are released in a globe of 30-foot radius. All creatures within 10 feet of the broken staff suffer hit points of damage equal to eight times the number of spell levels of energy in the rod (1-25), those between 10 feet to 20 feet take six times levels, and those 20 feet to 30 feet take four times levels. Successful saving throws versus magic indicate one-half damage is taken.
The wizard breaking the staff has a 50% chance of traveling to another plane of existence, but if he does not, the explosive release of spell energy totally destroys him
Hope that was what you wanted, Dundee. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2003, 03:48 PM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Hey Moosie can you link me please?
Old 09-06-2003, 03:50 PM   #9
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Actually, I just copied that out of my actual book. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I used to have links to some texts online, but we formatted the computer, and sadly, my favorites got lost.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:53 PM   #10
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
Actually, I just copied that out of my actual book. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I used to have links to some texts online, but we formatted the computer, and sadly, my favorites got lost.
Oh well. Thanks anyway! [img]smile.gif[/img]