Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 12-18-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Default Which character do I want to level?

Hello! My characters have been collecting dust for the past few years in the server archives and mention of them still exist on the Team IW thread that's sticky'ed to the the forum.

I began with the half-elf Itzelt who is a cleric that later picked up some fighter experience due to the hardships that Undermountain puts one through. She is a level 11 in her Clerical studies and has managed to come up to a level 6 in the art of physical combat.

Rat was another of my creations that I allowed some time in the Undermountain explorations. He is a gnome who could do nothing more than pilfer and plunder until he got to work in Undermountain. Now, his abilities at plundering and pilfering have leveled up to 10 and at the same time he's had to fend of the constant torment of Undermountain's residency which has earned him 6 levels in fighting skill.

Of these two characters, I would like to work on getting one of them at peak levels, though I am not turned off to the idea that a new character needs to be born. If it were one of these two, would you agree with me that Rat has more of a chance than Itzelt does, and therefore should be my primary work? If not, what do you suggest for somebody that is trying to get back into the swing of Undermountain?
Old 12-19-2008, 02:37 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Which character do I want to level?

Full fledged Fighter! Or a Rogue are probably the best bets first.. Get those suckers up to 40 man! XP in EFU is like water.. do a few quests and you'll be dinging often!

I've added a lot of Quests since you've been on--try the 'get me some lumber' quest in Waterdeep--he's the Carpenter redoing his house--follow the water area and you'll see him. He'll also give you a VERY helpful magic item!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:51 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for the advice. I think you may have something there, since my best characters prior to the server-only PCs were a fighter half-orc and a rogue shadowdancer (my fondest memories of EfU are with that rogue...). Maybe I'll get back into those roles where I do best.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Question Mark Re: Which character do I want to level?

Both.

The answer is how much time do you want to spend on each per week? I mean, equipment is hardly an issue, as most of the regular players can give you more than enough SPARE kit to make you just about immune to your foes... until you hit Level Eight (The Underground Forest). Then you are pretty much on your own. I have a few characters I have been slowly working on leveling - one is a stalwart worshipper of Those Above Whom Are Wise and the other is a bounty hunting maiden from the Forbidden East.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
Full fledged Fighter! Or a Rogue are probably the best bets first.. Get those suckers up to 40 man! XP in EFU is like water.. do a few quests and you'll be dinging often!

I've added a lot of Quests since you've been on--try the 'get me some lumber' quest in Waterdeep--he's the Carpenter redoing his house--follow the water area and you'll see him. He'll also give you a VERY helpful magic item!

Okay, I've decided on a rogue this time around because I like playing the sneak attacker better than the grunting tank. Now...when you said rogue, are you implying NOT to specialize in either assassin or shadowdancer?
Old 01-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

The good news is that there are nice light armours, robes and daggers around for Rogues.

The bad news is that it is all high end stuff and hard to get. Go for the Christmas gifts while you can.

My own favourite in the Rogue line is Rouge/Bard/RDD. It doesn't hit hard but with a bit of care you can get both the Epic Dodge and Dev Crit feats. Very nice if your sneak attack fails.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote