Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-17-2005, 08:59 PM   #11
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Spirits forever:
even though i'm not high on these stuffl,
maybe you can put a regulation, to when people can sign up?, like 2 times a month, that way he wouldn't be able to bug you for that long,..i think,
sounds like a great idea, unfortunately, the problem is trying to identify the person's IP and recognize him specifically so that the computer would allow him to sign up twice a month. Thats kinda tricky thats for sure. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 01-17-2005, 09:08 PM   #12
andrewas
Harper

I think the suggestions was to disable all signups except for certain occasions. I think that would dissuade most people from signing up in the first place.

Lady Sedai's method OTOH, seems a very elegant solution to the problem.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:16 PM   #13
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hehe that's quite a sneaky plan Lady Sedai I'd have to make everyone register though, then I could make it so that only I and he himself can see his own posts then he won't get why people aren't responding and he'll get really mad. LOL! wicked Quite a lot of hassle to set up registrations, but I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

In the meantime, I've found out his real name in a sly way and posted it on the site, so I think he got kinda scared cos he hasn't posted for a while Maybe this'll do the trick...
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-17-2005, 09:22 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

My husband suggested that you contact his ISP with info about his language issues on your board and request that they block his access to your site. That's a possibility if they were willing to do it and can manage it with whatever setup he has.

Sounds like he has dial up if it changes that often, though. He could change providers if he's that determined to mess with your site. The only other option I see is possibly emailing all your other members to ignore him. LOL

Good luck!

[ 01-17-2005, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 01-20-2005, 05:30 AM   #15
Har'oloth
Manshoon

just scare the hell out of him, and encourage other members to ignore him! maybe he gets tired and stops his evil deeds of infamy on your website