Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2006, 02:52 AM   #11
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I dunno, it ran very clunky on my 3.8Ghz 2gig ram system.. I DID have some things running, but I can run Oblivion fine with it running in the background.

The animations of your character are crappy. choppy, not smooth. There is no excuse for that these days with 3D.

It seemed too dumbed down to make it interesting.. maybe the demo, dunno. The engine feels stiff. And you can't rotate the camera. I have no idea WHY, since it's 3D....

I will play some more later and see if it gets better.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:13 AM   #12
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I dunno, it ran very clunky on my 3.8Ghz 2gig ram system.. I DID have some things running, but I can run Oblivion fine with it running in the background.

The animations of your character are crappy. choppy, not smooth. There is no excuse for that these days with 3D.

It seemed too dumbed down to make it interesting.. maybe the demo, dunno. The engine feels stiff. And you can't rotate the camera. I have no idea WHY, since it's 3D....

I will play some more later and see if it gets better.
I totally agree with the graphics/performance, I too had some problems with the graphic engine, expecially shadows as I mentionet tended to "flash" move around and overall be very pixelated. The rest of the game tended to blur when I moved.

I'm certain the character animations were not complete in the demo. Like I said, two of the weapons I got didn't even have a model or animation. When I used my bow it looked like I was punching and arrows were coming out of my fist. I had simillar problems with my rare axe, and there's also the fact that you couldn't even play a female character, there is no reason to block them unless their animations are not ready.

But I decided to blame all this on the demo, this wouldn't be the first incomplete un-optmized demo to get distributed. I don't know about you guys, but the demo didn't even create a desktop or start>programs shortcut, I had to go look in the game folder fot the .exe myself. To uninstal I had to go into my control pannel.

But under all that, I thought skill system and gameplay seemed to have potential, if of course things got better than the demo. I'll read a couple of reviews, and if it look like things went well I'll buy it I think.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:09 AM   #13
Stratos
Vampire

Well, a demo shouldn't have those problems. I mean, people decide if the want to buy the game based on the demo.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:12 AM   #14
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I've seen worse demos before.

[ 05-26-2006, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:18 AM   #15
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

What I have learned from the Rome: Total War demo, is "don't judge a game by its demo". The Rome: Total War demo was quite crappy but the game quite good, than I have played other demos that were good, but the game ends up being disappointing. Of course there are other demos who actually reflect what you get.

[ 05-26-2006, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:51 AM   #16
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Same it ran a bit clunky on my system too. It actually raised by video card temp higher than usual.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:10 PM   #17
Brayf
Zhentarim Guard

The missing models issue is just a demo thing, they'll all be there for the full game. The devs have been posting quite frequently on the titanquest.net forums and have addressed all concerns. [img]smile.gif[/img] It's gonna be a great game, for sure. Went gold yesterday!
Brayf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #18
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Eh, having played the demo, I'd have to agree with Ziroc.

This game would have been good 3 or 4 years ago but many aspects of it are so backward and dated that it just pales in comparison to what's around at the moment. The full game won't change my mind. In this demo I used the engine, saw the graphics and noted the design and gameplay so unless they are axing all of thse I amn't overly impressed.