Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 02-25-2004, 07:08 PM   #1
ccannon995
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Smiley

Hello all (again)-

OK, here's my current questions which are really frustrating me:

#1 - In Chapter 2, South Road, I'm in the cave with the Remain of Maegul. I've guessed every answer he offers, tried attacking him, ignoring him, whatever and I can't get into his treasure. What gives? I know that there is a corpse earlier on that I don't know how to get to (the rocks block my way). How do I finish this little mini puzzle?

#2 - My Cleric can't cast her level 2 spells. No matter how many times I rest they won't come up. They are lit up when I look at her spellbook but just don't light up on the option wheel.

#3 - I can't ever cast Summon Creature. It is never lit for me to do so. Am I missing something?

#4 - Is there a really good store I should save my money for in Chapter 2? Just so I don't blow it all before I get there. . .

Thanks a lot and I'll look forward to hearing from you.
ccannon995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 07:18 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

1). WhoWhatWhereWhenHow? Must have missed that plot.

2) Possibly your WIS score is too low, you need 10+spell level to be able to cast.

3) Target it on the ground, not on yourself or an enemy.

4) Stores in NWN generaly suck compared to what you can find just lying around. Use your cash for scrolls, potions and other consumable, but don't expect to find a new weapon there very often.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:29 AM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

As for #2, did you drag those spells to your quick slots? See if they show up then. By the way, what is your wisdom stat?
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 05:15 AM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

1. There should be a metal gate somewhere leading into the room. You might have to smash it open.

2. Do you have enough in Wisdom? You need at least 12 in Wisdom to cast lv. 2 cleric spells. Are there any spell memorization slots on spell lv. 2 in your spell book? Divine spellcasters get all their spells for free, but still need to memorize them.

3. Are you sure you have it memorized? Sometimes it can be the simplest of things that is the problem.

4. What andrewas said, you'll probably find most of your good equipment in chest rather than in stores.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:38 AM   #5
Stratos
Vampire

Further, make sure you haven't been level-drained or something similar. You could have been drained to a level just below the one you get access to lv. 2 spells on.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:12 PM   #6
ccannon995
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I can get Summon Creature II to work (for all the help that a Dire Boar is - it IS fun to watch them butt their head into a locked chest!). Maybe I just need to target someone and then try to cast the searing light, etc. I'll try that. Thanks everyone!
ccannon995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 01:49 PM   #7
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
For #1, you need the journal found on the corpse. You have no way to know it otherwise.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 07:14 PM   #8
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by ccannon995:
Well, I can get Summon Creature II to work (for all the help that a Dire Boar is - it IS fun to watch them butt their head into a locked chest!). Maybe I just need to target someone and then try to cast the searing light, etc. I'll try that. Thanks everyone!
LOL yeah - only spells you can cast on yourself will show up when you right click on yourself to bring up the radial menu, others will be greyed out. You need to right click on your target to bring up the radial menu to cast a spell on them. Or right click the ground for summons spells and for if you want to cast an area effect spell in a certain place rather than centred on a particular foe.
Using the quick slot thingies for spells is easier.