Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-13-2004, 12:17 PM   #41
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by philip:
I don't do any drugs. I've heard an expert from a clinic about it and the stuff isn't good for you. I don't want to get addicted. If I'm at a party I won't take it and depending on how secure I feel I'll stay or leave. I'll just check more if nobody tries to put it into something I eat or drink though (not that I'd drink a lot at those parties, want to be clear and alert then)
And what makes him/her an expert ? His/her education, or firsthand experience ? I realise that it isn't meant to be consumed regularly like food, but it doesn't damage your health in any way, those are all stories to scare people away from it. They'd be doing a much better job if they educate teenagers about the pros and cons of the drug, instead of just telling them "it's bad mkaaay". History shows that if you tell people not to do or use something, they do exactly the opposite. [/QUOTE]He had used a lot of different stuff himself and kicked off afterwards. The guy didn't just tell us it was bad, but exactly why it was. Memnoch's explanation on it is about the same as he told.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:59 PM   #42
quietman1920

Male, older than everyone whose posted. Won't take it. Wants it illegal. Wants mandatory random drug testing at all employers and for all political offices to root this out, improve the economy, and usher in better government.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:09 PM   #43
Chewbacca
Zartan

I would not take it if handed to me at a party now, but I am neither against or for it.

Male 31
Old 12-13-2004, 05:53 PM   #44
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Male, 16

Not Taken It,
Against It.

Too many horror stories. And too many alternatives with less risks. You don't know what they cram in it. I may be less against it if the production was monitored rather officially.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:34 PM   #45
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Great post(s) Memnoch!
That's the ticket! Enjoy what you are doing because you want to do it, not because you feel pressured to.

It's like the ancient Bacchus/Dionysus myths; if you willingly embrace the primordial spirit of ecstacy in a knowing, educated manner you can have a wonderful, uplifting time. But if you do not understand it, or abuse it, it will rip you to shreds The ancient Greeks and Scythians knew their drug culture [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-13-2004, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 12-14-2004, 12:15 AM   #46
shadowspecter
The Magister

Huh...interesting.

Well thanks everyone, this topic was more indepth then my other one.
“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” <br />-Mark Twain<br /><br />“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” <br />-Scott Adams
Old 12-14-2004, 12:18 AM   #47
Chewbacca
Zartan

Knowledge and Self-understanding are more potent than any drug. Knowing the chance of obtaining real, pure, pharmacutical-grade X on the street is micro-slim, it would be foolish to take some cheaply concocted imitation just handed to me at a party. If I want to do X, then I want to do X. I do not want to take Acid, Coke, Meth, Sherm, or Dust and "pretend" it is X.

In reality, I dont want to do any of them, so I dont anymore. Taking alot of mind/mood alterants like X or Acid is a sure way to waste some life and have a few hazy, but enjoyable memories...in my expirience.

I disagree fundamentally with most drug laws, but I have no problem with X and others being considered controlled substances. Regulation differs from prohibition. So long as people can educate themselves to the risks of usage, I will not condemn, nor condone the use.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:23 AM   #48
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by quietman1920:
Wants it illegal.
It isn't?
Old 12-14-2004, 05:10 AM   #49
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Knowledge and Self-understanding are more potent than any drug. Knowing the chance of obtaining real, pure, pharmacutical-grade X on the street is micro-slim, it would be foolish to take some cheaply concocted imitation just handed to me at a party. If I want to do X, then I want to do X. I do not want to take Acid, Coke, Meth, Sherm, or Dust and "pretend" it is X.

In reality, I dont want to do any of them, so I dont anymore. Taking alot of mind/mood alterants like X or Acid is a sure way to waste some life and have a few hazy, but enjoyable memories...in my expirience.

I disagree fundamentally with most drug laws, but I have no problem with X and others being considered controlled substances. Regulation differs from prohibition. So long as people can educate themselves to the risks of usage, I will not condemn, nor condone the use.
I agree entirely.
I am against stopping other people from making an educated decision (unless it can be proven to have an adverse and non-consentual effect on other people). The keyword, ofcourse, being 'educated', which is why I am against outright bans in all contexts. I wouldn't take the stuff myself, but I won't stop someone else from doing it if I trust they know what they're doing.

Male 18.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:23 AM   #50
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

no. might have tried it as a teen, but i've changed.

24 female

EDIT- nathan's wife again, gonna sign into my own name now.

[ 12-14-2004, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]