Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-29-2001, 02:57 PM   #11
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Chala:

5)have all of your fighters run in at the same time and start killing the other people

The problem with this is that neither the elementals or your fighters can hit the lich without first dispelling his protections. Unless you can somehow wait long enough for them to disappear (by which time he will have cast time stop and some other deadly spells). I do, however have a few ideas:

1. The liches protections might be affected by keldorn's dispel magic. Try it.
2. Get Yoshimo just for this battle and place special traps around where the lich teleports to.
3. Get the Daystar, and have one guy run out to trigger the lich, whilst another guy starts casting sunray with the daystar. If you time it right, you could possibly finish casting sunray JUST as soon as the mage teleports in, and before his protections come up. That would insta-kill him.

After that, you'll have to take out the Beholder (shield of balduran), a few other humanoid fighters, and one more mage. With the final mage, you may be able to trigger her protections, run away, and rest, and come back with her helpless. Its a longshot, but...

Old 10-29-2001, 03:03 PM   #12
ReGiN

Thanks everyone
I'll personally ASSURE you I will try all of your suggestions!

------------------
ReGiN: PROUD MEMBER OF KELDORN'S ORDER!